Update on my furbaby,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
My baby and faitful companion of 13 years crossed Rainbow Bridge this morning at 10:58 am. This has been the hardest day of my life. I am crying so hard, I just dont know how I am going to get thru this. Thank you to everyone who emailed or pm'd me, your kind words will never be forgotten. He died on his own, and it was amost like he waited for me to come in from feeding horses. My SIL came over and was in the house with him, I came in and held him, with his head in my lap, he took 3 deep breaths and he was gone. My 2 grandsons (ages 3 and 5) just left, and they said something to me which I will lnever forget there words were "Gramma, dont cry, Shado didnt leave you hes just right up above playing ball with Buddy, there blue heeler who they lost in Feb, there are lots of toys up there, and tonight when you look up you'll see God added another bright shining star, thats Shado". Rest in Peace my Sunshine, you'll never be forgotten" July15, 1994-Aug.18, 2007. Corinne

Corinne --

I am so sorry!!! I wish there were words that could help you feel better at this time.

Jill

Ohhh Nooo Man,,, I am sorry for your loss. There are no words. Just know that we are feel your pain.

Ohhhh I am so very sorry. Please know that I am thinking of you during this hard time. (Trying to hold back tears and my heart is breaking.) I'm glad you were there with Shado and were able to comfort him and hold him as he crossed. He may not be here physically, but he will always be your "Shado".....and you'll know.

I am so sorry Ce, I just know how your heart is breaking. But remember all the good times you and Shado had together, all 13 years of them, and you were there for him right at the end too. I just got off the phone with Corinne, she is not doing good with Shado passing at all. I feel so bad for her.

That's so hard! But your grandchildren are so right.....it's amazing how kids and animals can be so very connected. Your Fur Child is NOT far away........

MA

I am so very sorry. I wish I had comforting words. Big hugs from me and Brutus.

No words will fill the empty spot in your heart today

but still your sorrow is felt and understood.

He will live forever in your heart and memories.

Take good care of you!

[SIZE=14pt]{{{{{HUGS}}}}} [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt](that's BIG hugs) and your grandkids are right! remember he is no longer in pain, and that is a good thing
default_wub.png
: love ya CeMom!!![/SIZE]

i'm so sorry for your loss. a friend sent me this poem when we had to have our old husky laid to rest. through my many tears, i found some comfort in it...

Lend Me a Pup

I will lend to you for a while,

a pup, God said,

for you to love him while he lives

and mourn for him when he's dead.

Maybe for twelve or fourteen years,

or maybe two or three

But will you, 'till I call him back,

take care of him for me.

He'll bring his charms to gladden you

and (should his stay be brief)

you'll always have his memories

as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,

since all from earth return

But there are lessons taught below

I want this pup to learn.

I've looked the whole world over

in search of teachers true

And from the folk that crowd's life's land

I have chosen you.

Now will you give him all your love

Nor think the labor vain,

Nor hate me when I come to take my Pup back again.

I fancied that I heard them say,

"Dear Lord Thy Will be done,"

For all the joys this Pup will bring,

the risk of grief we'll run.

We'll shelter him with tenderness

we'll love him while we may

And for the happiness we've known forever grateful stay

But should you call him back

much sooner than we've planned,

We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,

and try to understand.

If, by our love, we've managed,

your wishes to achieve

In memory of him we loved,

to help us while we grieve,

When our faithful bundle departs this world of strife,

We'll have yet another Pup and love him all his life.

-Author unknown

Latest posts

Back