Update on Husbands cancer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
At my last post in December the Oncologest thought they had Louis' cancer under control and that all looked really good.

Well in Jan. he started coughing up blood so back to Memphis we go as the V.A. here in AR told us not to worry that it was most likely nothing.

On Feb. 1 we got the bad news the cancer has spread to both lungs his hip and the adreanal glands and the special procedures that the clinic in Memphis does cant help with the cancer this wide spread.

So we found another Oncoligest closer to home as chemo is our only option now. We have had 2 treatments which have made Louis sick sick sick.

A PET was done tuesday and thursday we will find out if the chemo is working this is our 4 th different chemo.

Please Pray for good news. I just can't stand to loose him yet.

Jan

Oh Jan, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's cancer. You both will be in my prayers tonight. I can hardly imagine how tough this is on both of you. Sending you a big, supportive hug!

Sending prayers to you and your husband

Kay

Jan ......
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Jan, hoping the PET scan has some good news. Know you have been on a roller coaster with this. Take it day by day girlfriend and live each day to the fullest. I know it is hard for you, being a lab tech and know what a lot of the test results mean but the "TECH" portion of you needs to lay in the background and let the partner in you take center stage. As always you, Louis, and the entire family have been in my continued thoughts and prayers. Praying hard for good news.

default_wub.png
Prayers straight from the heart.

Hugs

Bonnie

I HATE CANCER WITH EVERY OUNCE OF MY BEING!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
{{{{{Jan}}}}} I just can't imagine
default_no.gif

My thoughts and prayers go out to you!

Jan I am so sorry to hear what Louis, you and your family are going thru. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear that! My boyfriend's father has been put on hospice now for his terminal kidney cancer (metastatized to the bones, lungs, and other organs) and it's awful watching it tear the family apart. You will be in my prayers.

Leia

Oh Jan, I'm so, so sorry!! Sending light and love to both of you.

Pam

Well it's a mixed bag of news today. I just got in from work after the Dr. appointment.

Good news No new cancers and still nothing in his brain.... Still a member of the empty head club
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Good news Some of the cancers have gotten smaller
default_smile.png

Bad news Some ot the cancers have gotten bigger.
default_no.gif

So we will have a 2 week break from chemo and try another drug after that.

Kepp praying thats all we can do for the next 2 weeks.

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.

Jan

You are all in my prayers for comfort and better news. Lots of good thoughts your way!!!

Oh Jan, so sorry to hear this news. Just remember you have a lot of people pulling for you and Louis. You are both in thoughts and Prayers.

OMG, that sounds like it was really fast! I sure hope you get better news and hope this works. Many prayers for your husband!!

Latest posts

Back