A wonderfull Thanksgiving Blessing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
Today we got some of the most prayed about good news you could ask for.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_saludando.gif

A few of you know that my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer this spring. This was after being told last spring that the docs had gotten all of his cancer during surgery.

Well this spring the surgen comes in at our 1 year check up and states that they didn't get it all the cancer was growing back in the scar from the surgery and another lower in that same lobe of the lung. And the cancer was all over his body but could not be seen yet. They gave my husband 6 months to live. But we refused to lay down and quit without a fight. So I took him to the West Clinic in Memphis. There they offered treatments that the V.A. refused to consider even with me asking for them.

We had two tumors this spring which were streiotactly radiated. (this is a new experimantal treatment) Last month the V.A. once again tried to tell us that we should not contuniue treatment becase his stage 4 cancer was not responding to treatment with chemo. They would not preform a pet sacn to check the status of theses tumors as we had had one already this year and the CT scans they were doing showed that the tumors had grown and a new tumor was present.

Well today we got the report on a Pet Ct done at the West clinic yesterday. (wow we didnt have to wait for weeks for a Pet or another 10 days for a report.)

The two origanal turmors are dead, what the V.A. docs see on the ct is scar tissue left by the radiation the cancer there is DEAD
default_aktion033.gif

The new cancer is the only tumor in his body (West Clinic did a full body scan where the V.A. only checked the lungs) which releaved my as I had been worried about tumors in the brain or liver.

The doctor there has scheduled a raido ablaition to kill this tumor as it is quite close to the site of one they radiated this summer and dont want to chance giving too much radiation in that area. this is also a very new treatment and not available in very many places

We were told there is a chance that we can win this yet.

I am writting this to give others hope. I know that we have lost quite a few of our loved ones on this forum to his killer and hope that the new techlologys out there can save others.

Jan

That is awesome!!!!! Congrats and I hope the news keeps getting better and better!!!!

What a true blessing. Prayers and thanks being said for this miracle. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and keep healing.

Oh Jan, that is definately something to be soooo very thankful for! What WONDERFUL news! Sending prayers that they will KILL this cancer too, and all will be well. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Jan, you need to explain to everyone that you are in the medical field; and if you weren't able to understand every single thing and moniter it the way you have been, your husband might not be with us yet today. I find it amazing that the rest of us take it at face value what the doctors tell us.......and accept what they do not do! Because we don't know any better. You are the one Jan that has saved your husband, no doubt about it. I am so happy that finally things are looking so much better!

Meanwhile, Lady Jane, you owe me a call!

This is wonderful news to hear!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you both!

Hugs

Bonnie

Thank you all for your response.

Let me warn all of you that I am a true science major and therefore cant spell worth a hoot. I dont know why that is true but it hold true in the majority of us. Your should be in the lab when someone has to do a paper calling how do you spell ???????? and the crazy answers they get. In the end we end up calling a secrteary to get us out of trouble. Thank god for spell check.

Marty sorry but you give me way to much credit. God and God alone is the reason things look as good as they do at this point. However I feel that God gave me the push to defy the V.A. doctors and go out on my on and do the research to find the newest treatments out there. Yes my training told me when I was being handed a load of BS and I am truly sorry for the thousands who have a Doctor who does not really want to fight for their paitent and just wright them off.

This is a government doctor and is exactly what Oboma wants all of us to have without the option I had of going arround him to better help.

As Marty knows this is a 3 year saga of the V.A. docs knowing about the tumor for over a year. and telling us it was nothing then finding a year later that the tumor had doubled and the V.A. doc telling us not to worry at which point I had a fit which is why Louis is not allerady dead.

Please Please dont ever let them tell you that a spot on the lung is "nothing" make them watch it on a regular basis this doctor made no plans to wach this and it was only becase Louis was having surgery for another problem that we found out that the tumor had doubled in size in a year. I belived it the first time becase Louis has a Calcium deposit on one of his ribs where he broke it and we both thought ok that is what was showing on the chest x-ray. NOT!!!!!!!!

New things are comming the radio ablasion will soon take the place of surgery for stage I tumors and what a better way to go. No recovery time just 4 trips for radiation and good by cancer.

Praying that all will be able to report such good news in the future.

Jan

Thank you all for your response.

Let me warn all of you that I am a true science major and therefore cant spell worth a hoot. I dont know why that is true but it hold true in the majority of us. Your should be in the lab when someone has to do a paper calling how do you spell ???????? and the crazy answers they get. In the end we end up calling a secrteary to get us out of trouble. Thank god for spell check.

Marty sorry but you give me way to much credit. God and God alone is the reason things look as good as they do at this point. However I feel that God gave me the push to defy the V.A. doctors and go out on my on and do the research to find the newest treatments out there. Yes my training told me when I was being handed a load of BS and I am truly sorry for the thousands who have a Doctor who does not really want to fight for their paitent and just wright them off.

This is a government doctor and is exactly what Oboma wants all of us to have without the option I had of going arround him to better help.

As Marty knows this is a 3 year saga of the V.A. docs knowing about the tumor for over a year. and telling us it was nothing then finding a year later that the tumor had doubled and the V.A. doc telling us not to worry at which point I had a fit which is why Louis is not allerady dead.

Please Please dont ever let them tell you that a spot on the lung is "nothing" make them watch it on a regular basis this doctor made no plans to wach this and it was only becase Louis was having surgery for another problem that we found out that the tumor had doubled in size in a year. I belived it the first time becase Louis has a Calcium deposit on one of his ribs where he broke it and we both thought ok that is what was showing on the chest x-ray. NOT!!!!!!!!

New things are comming the radio ablasion will soon take the place of surgery for stage I tumors and what a better way to go. No recovery time just 4 trips for radiation and good by cancer.

Praying that all will be able to report such good news in the future.

Jan

Woops just reread my on post it is not radio ablation that is the up and comming first line treatment it is steriotactic radiation. Sorry

Dont know why it double posted

Jan

When you were here this summer, I was thinking to myself, "She is in the medical profession, and should know better than to hold out that kind of hope. After all, if the doctors have given up on him, she should know death is imminent." Oh how wrong I was, and I am very proud to be wrong! And thank you for telling me about all the new treatments that are/will soon be available. Good for you girl! You rock!What a happy Thanksgiving you will have this year, and we all will be remembering your good news when we give our thanks!

Carolyn

Jan, was so glad to get your phone call, just sorry I was so rushed as you called just as "Joe" was waking up from his gelding surgery and we were trying to keep him on his feet. I know this is such a relief for both you and Louis as I know how much it has weighted on your mind. I know the tenacy that you have and even if you did not work in the medical field you would have not let this just slide by.

You have had such a struggle this past year and now it is time to give "THANK" for the blessing that have been received and I know that you definitly appreciate them all. You are a true "TROOPER" and come out the end of the tunnel with a brighter future. Have a wonderful THANKSGIVING tomorrow -- your family is now on the way to full recovery.

PRAYERS of THANKSGIVING coming your way.

Carolyn don't feel alone in your thoughts that I had my head in the sand.

My own doc. tried to tell me that I was fooling myself when I went in to get some happy pills to help cope with this earler this year. A month or so later Louis went in to get a refill for me and the staff called me that day to express their delight that he looked so healthy as they also assumed that he was at deaths door.

I feel that the V.A. doc does as little as possable after all there are a lot more vet to be seen why try to hard.
default_no.gif

Oh well. Once again all I can say is THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING ME MORE TIME WITH THE MAN I LOVE.

Now that said, I still manitain that after 27 years of marrage that the cancer will not be allowed to kill him. When he dies it will be with my hands wraped arround his neck for some dumb thing he has done.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Jan

Great news and hope that your husband becomes Cancer free. Have a wonderful holiday season.

What a true blessing! Thank you for sharing such uplifting news! Wishing you and and yours all the more, a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
default_wub.png

Jan, that is better than GREAT news!!!!! I am SO happy for youall. So glad youall took it on yourselves to NOT just listen to the VA.

Pam

That is wonderful news and I hope that things will continue in a positive way!!!! Bless you for getting after it and not giving up.

My own life experiences have left me with less than a little faith in the medical field, insurance companies and our government. I am scared to death of what kind of treatment we will get from government health care (like when that program goes bankrupt like all the other programs have). Things will be extremely limited- perhaps it is their version of population control- but that is another book.

Anyhow, that is great news and I sure hope they can get rid of this too! It sounds positive!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones!!!

What good news Jan! I know how hard you all have been fighting this. Thank goodness for hard heads
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back