***Update*** I don't know what to think.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raine Ranch Minis

Reaction score
Ok let me start at the beganing. I bred this mare in Sep. 2010. She progressed normally. Now she is at 308 days. Her 300 day mark was Jul 5, 2011, her 320 day mark is Jul 25, 2011, and her 330 day mark is Aug 4, 2011, from her last breeding date. It look as if she is getting a small udder & her hinny is getting softer. BUT she just does not look Preggers!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_unsure.png
default_wacko.png
She never got Round. She got bigger, but not round.
default_no.gif
Now she doesn't look preggers at all.

Does she just have a tiny baby? Maybe she has already dropped? Is she just a no shower?

Oh and I think I felt the foal kick once.

SHE IS MAKING ME GO CRAZY!!!
default_wacko.png
:wacko
default_wacko.png
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
can you post pics of her for us to see? our mares are making us all go crazy this year!!
default_wacko.png
have you been trying to feel the foal while she is eating? I find the best time that I feel my foal moving is when My mare is eating or drinking.

is she a maiden? was she hand bred or left in with the stallion??

hope she is pregnant and has a beautiful healthy baby for you real soon
default_smile.png

can you post pics of her for us to see? our mares are making us all go crazy this year!!
default_wacko.png
have you been trying to feel the foal while she is eating? I find the best time that I feel my foal moving is when My mare is eating or drinking.

is she a maiden? was she hand bred or left in with the stallion??

hope she is pregnant and has a beautiful healthy baby for you real soon
default_smile.png

I will post pics tomorrow. Yes that is when I have tried to feel the foal. No she has had four other foals. She was hand bred.

I have a 32.50 mare that was bred 5th thru the 29th of August...during June I also began to wonder if she was pg...still looked small...nothing like my big ole fat mares before her that were wide as a house types......but come end of June she just all of a sudden blossomed ....and gave birth the 10th of July to a small delicate little colt..she was fed the same as the others but just did not get that big...go figure...even her udder would be full one day and limp the next...drove me nuts

Yeah i think that this year the mares are strange all over the world! I had britt that got huge and kim that was really small, she foaled alone as i was convinced that she had at least a month to go. Her filly was tiny and Britts filly was big so I guess your baby could be a small one too

We really need some pics. Lol

Yes she does look small, when was it you felt the foal moving?

If you could catch her whilst she is drinking it would be the perfect time!

Just by looking at her pix from the front and the back, I would say no she's not pregnant! If she is, it must be a teeny tiny foal!

Bill

wow she is small isn't she, I agree with Renee, maybe while she is drinking or eating sit there and try and feel it
default_smile.png
the pics of her underneath she looks bigger... but its really hard to tell...
default_wacko.png
let us know how you go with feeling the foal moving
default_yes.gif

I agree with everyone!! She is SMALL!! Like I said in my first post. Her hinny is softer than normal, her udder is lager than normal, and she had only on heat, and it lasted 2 days. I think it was a fasle heat. No more since then. I just don't know??? I am so
default_wacko.png
!!!!!! I don't know if I should start watching her or just wait and see if she gets bigger?

ETA: I went back and looked at pictures from June1st. Her udder has gotten smaller!!! OMG That makes it more confusing!!!!!

I'd have her scanned. I know of a few mares that have had phantom pregnancies. They get a little fuller than normal, but not the huge baby belly, they bag up, show signs of foaling, one has even gone down and appeared to be in full labour, only to get up, and that was that! No foal, no pregnancy, a total phantom.

OR is it possible she was bred much later by a sneaky stallion? (I havent read the whole thread, maybe this has been asked earlier).

I'd have her scanned. I know of a few mares that have had phantom pregnancies. They get a little fuller than normal, but not the huge baby belly, they bag up, show signs of foaling, one has even gone down and appeared to be in full labour, only to get up, and that was that! No foal, no pregnancy, a total phantom.

OR is it possible she was bred much later by a sneaky stallion? (I havent read the whole thread, maybe this has been asked earlier).

OH I forgot she was bred 2 times in March 2011 on her 3 day heat. Maybe she took then and not in Sep 2010???
default_whistling.gif
default_unsure.png
default_poke.gif
default_oops.gif
default_gaah.gif
default_doh.gif

I'm no expert, but just wanted to share this picture of my AQHA mare 28 days before she foaled (first foal). She was pregnant 360 days (first day breeding April 1, foaled March 30 following year).

Foolish-March21997-scan.jpg

More than one person where I boarded her didn't believe me that she was pregnant. [she's 15.2H bred to a stallion of the same size and similar build.]

I'm no expert, but just wanted to share this picture of my AQHA mare 28 days before she foaled (first foal). She was pregnant 360 days (first day breeding April 1, foaled March 30 following year).

Foolish-March21997-scan.jpg

More than one person where I boarded her didn't believe me that she was pregnant. [she's 15.2H bred to a stallion of the same size and similar build.]
OH that gives me hope!! My mare is also bred to a stallion about the same size and build.

Latest posts

Back