Under 26" pinto stallion named Cowboy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueprintminis

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the website of the farm that has that wonderful, under 26" pinto stallion that is so proportionally correct. I think his name is Cowboy or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure if this is the Stallion you are looking for but it might be
default_wink.png

http://www.sunrae.com/reflections/index.html

They are Home to Lucky 17 Cowboy

That would be Frank and Charlotte Lupton of Reflections Miniatures. Not sure of the web addy, but they're in OK. Lucky 17 Cowboy is a spectacular little guy! I'd love to have one of his daughters to cross with my 26" stallion, Bubba!

Melba

Yep, it's Charlotte and Frank at Reflections, although Brenda's Calvin is awesome too!!!

Well, I've known of Cowboy for a while.......just seeing Calvin. Nice, VERY NICE. But, didn't see his size on the website. Anyone know? Did see 28 & under wins but, they were wnlg/yrlg. Is he still in 28" classes as adult?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Blueprintminis.

Yes, Cowboy lives here at Reflections and pretty much rules the roost. He's the shortest horse on the place but you aren't going to convince him of that!

The Liz pictures on our web site were made when Cowboy was 7 or 8. He hadn't had any kind of conditioning since he was a yearling. I just brought him in the day before, gave him a bath and good trim job and away we went. Frankly I was surprised the pictures came out as good as they did because the area Liz wanted to shoot in (because of the light) hadn't been mowed so quite a bit of the bottom of his legs was hidden. That usually makes a horse look pretty short legged.

If you have any questions about him or his get just drop me an email. [email protected]

We only breed for a few foals each year so I'm quite impressed with the percentage of show winning foals he has sired.
default_wub.png

Charlotte

p.s. does anyone know the mature height of Calvin? He is one good looking horse! Oh, I see, not mature yet. ok, does anyone know his 2 year old height?
default_smile.png

Both of these guys are amazing little horses! My little filly Mira wants a date with Cowboy when she grows up and Ravey wants a date with Calvin!!
default_wub.png

Since both Ravey and Calvin were shown by Ed Sisk they've spent a lot of time together and Raven tells me they're soulmates!
default_laugh.png

Thank you for all the wonderful comments on Calvin we just love him. As for how tall he is I havent measured him yet, at worlds he measured just under 27 inches tall. Im guessing hes close to 28 there about.

Cowboy is just lovely!

The little guy did it again!
default_laugh.png

May we introduce (drum roll please) Reflections Storm Watch CBY!

P1010017.jpg

He was born just a short time after I last posted on this subject.
default_smile.png
And like all Cowboy foals he is VERY precocious! Born at straight up 1 p.m. - stood and tried a step or two at 1:10 - nursed (with help) at 1:35. Then thought he'd try a few little bucks and a rollback or two.
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png

Cowboy got an alfalfa snack as a reward.......he's not sure why, but made him a happy boy!
default_laugh.png

Charlotte

I love your new colts name! He's so cute in that picture! Cant wait to see him uncovered and unfolded!

Viki

The little guy did it again!
default_laugh.png

May we introduce (drum roll please) Reflections Storm Watch CBY!

P1010017.jpg

He was born just a short time after I last posted on this subject.
default_smile.png
And like all Cowboy foals he is VERY precocious! Born at straight up 1 p.m. - stood and tried a step or two at 1:10 - nursed (with help) at 1:35. Then thought he'd try a few little bucks and a rollback or two.
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png

Cowboy got an alfalfa snack as a reward.......he's not sure why, but made him a happy boy!
default_laugh.png

Charlotte
Oh Charlotte, what a handsome lil boy.

How tall?

And born in the daytime........now thats was nice of his momma
default_smile.png

Congratulations, Charlotte!!! His "blankie" is toooooo cute! I can't wait to see him without his blanket.

Hi Susan, we Finally got around to measuring the little guy. 18". Average size. He's up on his pasterns good so that should be a pretty correct measurement. It predicts out to mature around 28". I don't put a whole lot of faith in the birth height predictions though as some foals will be born small and then grow a lot while others just don't grow very much. I like to watch the first 3-4 months predictions.........that usually gives me a better idea of growth rate. We've had several predict to mature around 32 and end up at 29, but you could see it coming because they just weren't growing much those first few months.

I hope you are doing ok with the winter storm. There are still roads closed west, north and east of us, I-44, I-40. We got lucky.

Charlotte

Back