Udder development?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics. Its a little hard to tell. When you take a pic next from behind , can you take it from further back. What Im trying to see is how the foal is currently positioned.

By looking from behind you can see the sides sticking out. What you need to look for is a change in the foals position, making the sides not visible anymore.
Okay! I'll get some better ones tomorrow! :)

Perfect. You can see how her sides are sticking out. Once you notice that they are not any more , you know the foal has moved into position.

Did you buy her in foal ?

Perfect. You can see how her sides are sticking out. Once you notice that they are not any more , you know the foal has moved into position.

Did you buy her in foal ?
Yes, but no one was certain if she was bred or not. Just knew the date that the stud was put in with all the mares.

Have you seen or felt any movement from the foal?, usually visible or you can feel during feed time :)
Oh yes! :)
I have been able to catch a few videos of baby moving! Can i upload videos on here?
I've noticed its more active at night when she's relaxed and not walking around. I've tried to watch during feeding time but could never see anything.

Tried to upload the video i have, its saying its to large but its only 10 seconds? :(

Hmmmm not sure either , dont think ive tried to upload a video before.

Thats great re the movement. You will notice less as the foal continues to grow as there becomes less room in there .

Sorry if im prompting you to reply at all hours of the night. Im in Australia so its the middle of the day here :)

Hmmmm not sure either , dont think ive tried to upload a video before.

Thats great re the movement. You will notice less as the foal continues to grow as there becomes less room in there .

Sorry if im prompting you to reply at all hours of the night. Im in Australia so its the middle of the day here :)
Its okay! And the baby is still pretty active, i just seen it earlier when i went out to check. :)

So if a lot of movement means no baby anytime soon? Went to check on her a few minutes ago and it was going NUTS in there. I was out there about 20 minutes and it was constant moving. She was irritable, her breathing was heavy and she was biting at her sides? I'm guessing she was just uncomfortable from it moving like it was. No difference in utter growth, still the same. But her vulva is looking different.

Go get a ph test kit from the pool store. Squeeze a little milk from her and test it. If it drops below 6.5 she will foal within 24 hours.

So if a lot of movement means no baby anytime soon? Went to check on her a few minutes ago and it was going NUTS in there. I was out there about 20 minutes and it was constant moving. She was irritable, her breathing was heavy and she was biting at her sides? I'm guessing she was just uncomfortable from it moving like it was. No difference in utter growth, still the same. But her vulva is looking different.

Sounds like she is progressing perfectly. It would become extremely uncomfortable for her. So all the signs your seeing above are perfectly normal.

One thing I always watched for, was any changes in behavior. Grumpy, stomping feet, biting at sides, mother of dragons etc. I meant to ask, will she be foaling inside or out ? If she will be foaling outside, have a look at where she is standing a lot of the time. Usually as a mare gets closer to foaling she will be hanging around where she is going to foal. ( not always the case, but has happened a few times over the years)

Theres heaps of pinned threads at the top of this section of the forum. Nows the time to be reading them whenever you get a chance. Foaling kits, red bag deliveries and what presentation you need to be looking for as to distinguish if something is wrong. :)

One thing I always watched for, was any changes in behavior. Grumpy, stomping feet, biting at sides, mother of dragons etc. I meant to ask, will she be foaling inside or out ? If she will be foaling outside, have a look at where she is standing a lot of the time. Usually as a mare gets closer to foaling she will be hanging around where she is going to foal. ( not always the case, but has happened a few times over the years)

Theres heaps of pinned threads at the top of this section of the forum. Nows the time to be reading them whenever you get a chance. Foaling kits, red bag deliveries and what presentation you need to be looking for as to distinguish if something is wrong. :)
She would be foaling inside their shelter, she always stands in the corner usually but this weather has been terrible I've had to close the doors on their shelter until it dries out and we've set up a temporary shelter for them until theirs dries up and put new bedding down. I'm hoping this rain stops before she foals! Cause she isn't comfortable with the temporary shelter so i have a feeling she wouldn't foal in there. :(

Latest posts

Back