Udder development?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure is , Its a good sign she is getting closer. You're doing great noticing these changes :) !!!
How much longer is it after they start the butt rubbing? Just went to check on her and caught her rubbing her butt against a tree. Sides looked pretty even tonight, and were sunken in, baby was still pretty active though.

I have 2 mini's. One delivered earlier this year but the foal did not survive. My other is 319 days pregnant. I've never seen or palpated movement with either one. I've tried! I wish I could. Starting to get nervous now about this delivery. I was so devastated when we lost the first one.

I have 2 mini's. One delivered earlier this year but the foal did not survive. My other is 319 days pregnant. I've never seen or palpated movement with either one. I've tried! I wish I could. Starting to get nervous now about this delivery. I was so devastated when we lost the first one.
We also have 2 mini's! But only 1 is bred. She's right behind your's, she's 318 days today. I hope all goes well for you this time around! I wish i could upload the videos i have of baby moving but for some reason it won't let me. Idk which body part lol but I'm guessing a hoof is what I'm seeing when it sticks out from her sides! Its extremely active at night when she's relaxed. Haven't ever seen it move while she eats.

I
She is progressing perfectly :) As it continues to grow that crease down the center will disappear !
Okay! Today they still look the same as yesterday. Only thing new I've noticed is her peeing small amounts and the butt rubbing. Hopefully the wait won't be much longer. Its killing me lol.

We also have 2 mini's! But only 1 is bred. She's right behind your's, she's 318 days today. I hope all goes well for you this time around! I wish i could upload the videos i have of baby moving but for some reason it won't let me. Idk which body part lol but I'm guessing a hoof is what I'm seeing when it sticks out from her sides! Its extremely active at night when she's relaxed. Haven't ever seen it move while she eats.
That's so cool!

Sorry I missed the post re the butt rubbing. There is not really a given amount of time to when she will foal. The butt rubbing, biting at sides, stomping feet are all really good signs she is getting close.

You said above she looks more slab sided now. This could mean the foal has moved into position and ready for delivery. It could also mean the foal has started to move into position. A few really good rolls will line baby up.

Here's Molly's udders from today.
Doesn't show much haha ! My other mini, Willow, had very full udders from a long time before delivery. But with Molly, the biggest changes are her
Has she ever foaled before? :)
Yes, 3 other times according to her previous owners. But she's never had much tissue and very tiny nipples. Her nipples have enlarged alot and most of the time lately she has full udders, although hard to tell in the picture. Definitely not real prominent like my other mare was.

Nothing new, i
How is she going ? :)
Everything's the same, last week i was thinking it was gonna be one day this week but now I'm thinking its gonna be another week or maybe 2 lol. Udders still staying 50% full, belly is the same and vulva looks the same.

Thats good :)

Good thing is she has passed the 320 days , which is great. Anything extra just means she is putting on some amazing final touches.

Thats good :)

Good thing is she has passed the 320 days , which is great. Anything extra just means she is putting on some amazing final touches.
I'm very excited! Me and the woman we purchased our mare from still keep in touch and one of her mares due the same time had her baby a few days ago so it shouldn't be much longer, i hope lol.

326 days will be this Thursday and 330 next Monday! :)
I'm hoping to start seeing some new changes this week.

Latest posts

Back