TWINS!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched last night for quite a while... my heart just broke for the little guy. There were people in and out trying to help him stay up and nurse... using a towel for a sling type thing to support his back end and yes the mare would just walk away.... sad. I have not looked this morning- kind of afraid to.

Ok, got an update today from the person who owns the farm where this mare and foal is- the horse is boarded there.

He is a SHE- it's a little filly. They have had the vet out and someone, the owner, them, etc.. is there 24/7 so they are doing everything they can for this little gal. She has some sort of nerve damage in her back end, thus the bad leg, but they are trying to see if she will survive and get stronger and better.

I watched for a long time too and they are helping in every way they can- they appreciated the good thoughts and prayers for the little gal. They said they got emails from some folks that were far from supportive and downright awful. What an upsetting thing to have to read when they already have this kind of stress going on already. Geez.

Will let you know if I hear any more on her- just know they are trying all they can.

Oh, looks like the vet is there again right now!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is hard to believe how judgmental and just plain mean some people can be.
default_no.gif

Please let them know that MY prayers are with them and the little filly. Kudos to them for giving her their all.
default_aktion033.gif

Am watching at 9pm and the little one is standing and drinking on her own. the bad leg is just kinda hanging there, but that may improve. Praying for the health of this tough little gal.

That is so aweful that someone would send a nasty email to people who are fighting so hard for that little girl. I watched the foaling of both twins and I have never seen a twin foaling before and you could tell that momma was exhausted. I'm praying for all.

There were just two people in there helping her to stay up and around and eat and all. She seems pretty perky and lively, poor little gal. She is a fighter for sure! Nerve damage is so darned slow to improve.. sometimes taking months. I hope she can hang in there to see if it does improve. She is so cute.

I just watched her get up by herself and go to her momma dragging that leg. Then an attendant came in and helped hold her hind end so she could nurse. Poor precious baby and God bless the people working so hard to help her.

i was just watching and the filly litterally bolted up and started walking around the stall! she was dragging her leg, but still walking! i think she's gonna make it, she has so much spirit
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

OMG, what an amazing little baby... just checked on her really quick this morning and she bounced up by herself and went all the way across the stall to nurse on her own. Poor girl couldnt stay up though- after a few seconds her rear end gave out and she sat like a dog. But she was up for several seconds on her own.

They are with her now. (looks like vet again)I hope she gets control of that back leg. They must figure the nerve will recover. She sure is a "spunky little girl"

It brought tears to my eyes to see her get up by herself, she's a fighter that's for sure! I think she'll make it, with those dedicated owners.
default_wub.png

I too have been watching and please let them know they have my prayers as well. I am so routing for this filly god help her. I noticed they have a white thing around her neck and muzzle? why? She seems very weak today I am so sad for this filly. If she doesn't pull through it will be upsetting as I feel attached to her by watching her. Its like routing for the underdog
default_sad.png
Power of prayers does wonders just hope it works in this case too

I too have been watching and please let them know they have my prayers as well. I am so routing for this filly god help her. I noticed they have a white thing around her neck and muzzle? why? She seems very weak today I am so sad for this filly. If she doesn't pull through it will be upsetting as I feel attached to her by watching her. Its like routing for the underdog
default_sad.png
Power of prayers does wonders just hope it works in this case too

I was wondering the same thing. Only thing I can think is maybe they have an I V in her to help feed her?? To me it doesn't look like she is able to eat very well at all, even with the help of the people. I was watching yesterday and it looked like they were trying to bottle feed her and she wouldn't take the bottle.

I emailed her as well and she said she woudl give an update on Marestare.

Cool!

It does look like they are feeding her with a tube. Hopefully that will help, but it sure looks like she is bothered by it or something else is going wrong inside her. She seems to just roll around now.
default_sad.png

I have been afraid to keep looking for fear that the stall will be empty... but I'm praying for them both!

I've been watching as much as I can everyday. I checked on them last night around 10:30pm. Just checked this morning & it says "stream not found". Anyone know why......I hope it's not a bad sign.
default_pray.gif

Oh no........I just took a look, and I "think" they just had the little one euthenized. Appeared to be a vet in there with them & the lady was sobbing & wiping her eyes. Another lady came in they all hugged, then the man (vet?) left. The baby is covered with a blanket & the lady on the floor just keeps rubbing & petting it's head. So, emotional....been there, done that. :-(

Edited to add:

My stream just went off, can't see anymore.

Prayers going out to this little one who tried so hard to make it, and the ones who loved it & worked so hard to help it live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I had to shut my link off as I coudln't watch anymore. Very very sad god bless that little baby.

Latest posts

Back