Twilight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celtic Hill Farm

Reaction score
so yea, Twilight comes out tonight. I read all 4 books, they were good. all the girls were reading thme and i was like HEY! i need to get in on this!!! haha..from there i was hooked! it's good, but it has it's mush momments.

Im planning to go see it, looks really good....

I think it comes out today? Maybe i will get to go see it this weekend, or next..

I've read the books...which were good. I am not obsessed with them, however, like some of my friends are. It is crazy.

I'll go see the movie, though I am afraid that it won't be near as good as the books!
default_laugh.png

I just started the book. I'll see the movie when I'm done (that could be a week or 2 months
default_wink.png
).

I enjoyed all the books. Will be going with my 17 year old daughter to see it tonight. The movie is getting mixed reviews, but I always think the books are better. Hoping the movie isn't going to be sold out.

I started Twilight on tuesday and finished it wednesday, hehe, my friend is finally going to bring me the last three today, that I plan to power through this weekend, I love them.

And note, and having seen many book movies, I have experience, NO movie is EVER as good as the book, it just doesn't happen. But I still can't wait to see it!

I don't do scary even when featured, almost, in our backyard.

But if you're interested, I've added a link below for Forks, Washington.

It's up on the coast, not to far from us, and is an area of such natural

beauty, it would take your breath away.

This series of books and the movie has breathed new life into this small town

and surrounding communities.

It's getting a lot of play on the radio and TV.

The town has seen a serious surge in tourism and are they are loving it.

http://www.forkswa.com/blog/2008/10/twilig...insula-tourism/

I've read all of the books. They were very good, but I am definitely not obsessed with them haha!!!
default_laugh.png
I am going to see it tonight with a group of friends.

Read all the books and LOVED them, also read The Host by the same author.

Going to see it Tuesday night, after the weekend crowds get their fill.

Very excited, but like any movie I doubt it can beat the book!!!!

katy and i are going to see it tomorrow. cant wait!! im hoping crowds wont be bad during the osu vs mich game

I saw it last night! I greatly enjoyed it! It was better than I was expecting!
default_aktion033.gif

While the story is set in Forks, Washington, much of the actual filming was done in Oregon - Columbia River Gorge (the school dance or prom, I believe), Carver (the cafe), Oxbow Park (for its mossy, old growth trees), even our neighboring town, St. Helens. Some other scenes, such as the outdoor scenes at the high school, were shot in Kalama, Washington, just across the Columbia River from us.

I'm curious if they chose these places because they looked more like what they thought Forks should look like, if they were chosen for their proximity to a large metropolitan area (Portland), or if perhaps the real Forks was just TOO misty and rainy for good filming (Forks is known as the rainiest spot in the US).

Have read all the books and thought they were quite good. Went to see the movie today and it follows the first book almost to the letter. Hope they make movies from the next three books

I read the book--terrible writing and a formula story, like reading a teen based vampire Harlequin Romance. My oldest daughter, a writer and artist, couldn't get past the first 3 chapters. So, we went to see it together for a girls night out and poke fun at it.

First time I have ever liked a movie better than a book! The scenery was stunning, "Edward" (the same guy who was Cedric in Harry Potter) said he hated the books, but liked the script. He saw Edward as a manic derpressive 118 year old frustrated virgin with stalker tendancies--and played it to the hilt. We loved it. Still good for some giggles --vampires apparently not only sparkle in the sun but make pretty tinkling sounds!

Best part was the baseball game....

Very big CHICKEN here, dark shadows scared me as a child. Can you rate the movies scare factor 1 Not and 10 Very?

Should I read the books first or after?

Dr. Pam that was too funny "manic depressive 118 year old frustrated virgin with stalker tendancies"

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't read the books, but saw the movie last week. Overdramatized acting and didn't care for the predictable storyline either. I think it was definitely more targeted towards a teenage girl audience.

Of course it doesn't come close to beating out the book, but I think they suceeded. I am a HUGE Twilight series fan!

I think for the most part it was good, but some parts were very cheesy. For instance, when Edward first smelled her in Biology.. The whole theatre burst out laughing. I didn't really appreciate the "climbing the trees" scenes (I thought they were completely unnecessary), and the movie did speed through a lot of important parts. I felt like it was rushed, and if it had been slowed down abit, the audience could connect with the characters more like we did in the book. Edward's "dazzling" moments just looked like he was very sweaty, and the meadow scene could have definetly been more drawn out (As could the car and resteraunt scenes).. And I would have loved to see more of the other Cullens.. Especially Alice, since she is such a delightful character in the books (My favorite out of the Cullens..Well, behind Edward of course).. But I am hoping that comes with the future movies.

Now, I did love the humor in the movie.. I adored Eric; he had me burst out laughing everytime. Jasper was HALARIOUS, and I was crying so hard when I saw his jacked up expressions. I think he was cast wonderfully. I think the movie did have some parts of brilliance; for instance the baseball scene, fight scene, and prom scene. I was happy with Bella and Edward's first kiss as well; it was every bit as akward as it should have been. Rosalie was also a royal you know what as she should be, and Charlie was perfect in his role as the "akward father of a teenage daughter".

Overall, I really liked it when I look past the flaws. I think if the move had a bigger budget, it would have been better. Hopefully it will come with New Moon? Anyway, I very much look forward to the other movies.
default_smile.png

Back