Turnout blankets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheryl

Reaction score
Any recommendations on getting a modestly priced water proof turnout blanket that fits minis well? It would be nice if I could layer it with a warmer layer for the cold snaps. I am care leasing my mini and his blanket is too small and is pretty shredded... I am looking for a medium kind of price range since I don't know if I will have him for many seasons. Please let me know any recommendations - here or PM me!

thanks

Sheryl

Sheryl, you know how much Kody loves to stand out in the rain. ALL of his blankets are waterproof- they have to be! Talk to Janie at Chimacum Tack, she'll have what you need for a good price.

Leia

[SIZE=12pt]I love the three turnouts I bought from Double TT Ranch they hold up well, are waterproof and are affordable. The folks that run it are super to deal with. They also have their store through ebay. The turnout blankets run around $40.00 they are made by Equestrian Polar.[/SIZE]

www.ttminihorse.com

Joy

I got a couple of tge Polar Eqeustrian blankets from DeAnna at Double Diamon when they were on sale (2 for $50 I believe--special sale) and WOW! These are the best blankets I have used in 8 years of having minis! When they say waterproof they mean it! I used them the most for my 19 year old gelding that I got back as a rack of bones and his almost-as-bad companion. Even in sleet and freezing rain those goobers wouldn't stay under their shelter. I kep checking them and was scared because the blankets top layer was SOAKED. Underneath they were dry and toasty...I was very, very pleased! They worked as well as my $100 blanket and better than my $50 and $70 ones. I will be getting more of these! They have adjustable buckle fronts, a nice soft and wide surcingle and nice leg straps along with leg gullets and a tail cover.

Do those Polar blankets stay in place good? I'm in the market for a couple of heavier winter blankets that are wind/water proof, and I don't want to buy anything that is going to slip/turn/bind the horse.

I also had a Polar blanket. I really liked it (until my increadibly destructive big horse got a hold of it). I am going to buy another one in the future. It did stay straight and Magic's blankets tend to not stay straight. You can't beat it for the price! L

I like the Polar too & the price is affordable.

We now have several in the barn for occasional use & a couple my clipped boys

have been wearing all winter long. Nice fit & stays put!

the three that I have do not stay in place well..they shift to one direction a lot. I also had a problem with the D Rings for the leg straps getting ripped off within a few days of getting them. I like them OTHERWISE..LOl I'm going to have to do blanket surgery though and sew D rings back on with stronger material i guess.

the three that I have do not stay in place well..they shift to one direction a lot. I also had a problem with the D Rings for the leg straps getting ripped off within a few days of getting them. I like them OTHERWISE..LOl I'm going to have to do blanket surgery though and sew D rings back on with stronger material i guess.
[SIZE=12pt]I had trouble with the first ones I bought but only because they were too large. Maybe the ones you have may be a little too big? When I bought the three I have now, I bought them a size smaller then what I measured the horses at and they stay in place beautifully and I've had no problems with the "D's" on the legs this time either.
default_yes.gif
: [/SIZE]

Joy

lol no..if anything they are a littleon the snug side..... You have to understand i just have TERRIBLE luck with everything... I would be the only person in the world to get them and not work right..LOL terrible terrible luck!

Latest posts

Back