Trucks: what do you drive?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So he got a loan on his 401k and bought this little Buick SUV. Which of course can't pull our hourse trailer! So we took the change from the loan and got this little MINI trailer!

Isn't this the cutest "rig" you've ever seen?

100_11291-1.jpg
THAT is precious!!! omg! I want one now!

I swear it's only the size of a bread box! It has a divider but the "stalls" are only about 15" wide so my fat kids won't fit in there unless I take the divider out LOL!

We drive a 99' 3/4 ton v10 Dodge ram. My husband LOVES it. It hauls his trailer with tractors on it, when he goes to work ground, like a dream. He's happy! I won't drive it right now because the steering is funky but once it's fixed I have no problem with it. Hubby will NOT give her up!! He said to replace her with something that can do what she can would be a payment that is UNEXCEPTABLE!!!! LOL!!! She's does great for her age and hard use!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute REO
default_smile.png
, tiny little trailer LOL!

Love my F150... I drove Suburbans for many years, but am a Ford convert, on my second F150.

Jan

We have a big mini trailer that can haul 6-8 minis but the lil SUV can't pull it so........

This trailer is like a knick nack and our vet giggles to see it and people stop and take photos of it LOL!

2003 GMC Serria. Normally only drive her for hauling or for when we need to put somthing in the bed. Gas is to high!! Also have an older Jeep Wrangler and our 2012 Hyundai Veloster and that gets 40 to the gallon!

I have a 99 Ford F250 Super Crew Super Duty that has 280,000+ miles and when it comes time I'll drop a new 7.3 engine in it and keep on driving it. The newer trucks (especially the Dodge) has to have some sort of emission fuel added to the exhaust system (Not the fuel tank) that takes the soot out of the exhaust and from what Dustin (my hay hauler) says that stuff is expensive!!!

He Hot Shots for a living--would love to have the truck he drives--2012 1 ton, but it's a pretty penny to operate it he says.

I Drive a 2000 tahoe ss...a 82 shortbed chevy I built and painted..its a weekender.. lol...a 93 s10 that matches my 82..a 95 international rollback..& my hubby drives a 95 ford wrecker...our 3/4 ton is out of commission..crank kit pending...yes..i am a gear head..lol

We have a big mini trailer that can haul 6-8 minis but the lil SUV can't pull it so........

This trailer is like a knick nack and our vet giggles to see it and people stop and take photos of it LOL!
I know! I have a "baby trailer" like that (only it's a stock type-three dividers, holds four) and people get the biggest kick out if it, especially when we tell them "It's a four-horse slant!"

Well, silver Ford didn't work out. On we go with the hunt!

RIO! Where did ya get that trailer! I want one! Thats perfect size for me!

I have a mini trailer buts its not excatly waht I want. That is!

Sorry the truck didn't work out Lucy. You'll find one!

MindyLee, it's the cutset thing in the world!! A lady had it on the LB sale board. It was the only thing I found that was small enough for the SUV to pull. You don't even know it's back there, even with 2 minis in it!!!

Sorry the truck didn't work out Lucy. You'll find one!

MindyLee, it's the cutset thing in the world!! A lady had it on the LB sale board. It was the only thing I found that was small enough for the SUV to pull. You don't even know it's back there, even with 2 minis in it!!!
What size is yours SUV (I'm not familiar with yours at all but it doesn't look that much bigger than mine)...wondering if I should've got the tow package on mine :p

I looked at SUVs, too- but I need to put carts in the back of mine and four sure wouldn't fit!
default_yes.gif
:D

I spent HOURS yesterday looking at trucks...thank God for the Internet! Saves driving around!

LOL! 4 carts? No way!
default_thud.gif

I did that too, searched the net. In the end hubby saw this one locally.

I hope you find what you're looking for soon Lucy!
default_yes.gif

We drive a 2002 Chevy Silverado, four door extended cab. Great truck, my dad picked it up in Illinois about a month ago,only had 20,000 miles on it, never saw a winter, just like new. It's great.

Dan.

2005 Ford F350 Lariat Diesel Crewcab Longbed. We've had it for 6 years with no problems and hope to keep it a long time. Usually just sits parked until we need to haul something likes hoses, hay, or a tractor. My husband uses our other truck a Ford Ranger for work it's much smaller!

REO -- that is the cutest rig ever! I have looked at a few mini horse trailers and looked into getting one custom made but since I have a full sized horse too I haven't committed yet to a mini trailer...

LOL! 4 carts? No way!
default_thud.gif

I did that too, searched the net. In the end hubby saw this one locally.

I hope you find what you're looking for soon Lucy!
default_yes.gif
Yup, when we do parades I have two EEs, one small Jerald and my Meadowbrook in the back of the truck, and four horses in my Mini trailer. And it's only a 6' bed!

Found a truck I do like, a 1995 Dodge Ram 4X4 with only 113000 miles on it. Reasonable, but I still don't have the $$ for it. Anybody wanna buy a horse or two and add to my truck fund?? heeheehee
default_whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back