Trucks: what do you drive?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We traded our 2000 Toyota Tundra (V8 4dr) last winter for a 2011 Ford F-150 crew cab....LOVE it! It pulls our 3 horse GN trailer fine (we wondered...and we do have to be careful how much weight we do pull with it), but when we are ready for an "upgrade" we will go up to a F-350, just so we never have to worry about whether we have too much weight in the back. We bought the truck before we bought the trailer.

I'd like to get a little truck/SUV to pull a tiny Mini trailer around (like REO...and that is the CUTEST little trailer btw!!) for when its just 1-2 horses to haul locally. Too much trailer to hook up for that! lol

I drive a 2001 F250 superduty, ext. cab , 4x4 with the 7.3 diesel. Love this truck, 200,000 miles and runs strong. Could pull my 16ft trailer down the road sideways without so much as a grunt.

I have a 2008 4x4 MItsubishi Triton tray back ute. Love it. great for carting hay or pulling the horse float and has so much power I almost need to drive it with the brake on. HAHA

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - some of you guys sure have some nice rigs!!!!!
default_yes.gif
I have an old Toyota Tundra, but it still works. Might be a little banged up, but it's reliable for sure!

Liz N.

Wow - some of you guys sure have some nice rigs!!!!!
Boy I'm with Liz, you guys have/had some nice rigs.

REO, your new outfit is as cute as a bug's ear. Looks like it belongs in the Schleich Farm Set I am

collecting for my grandson.

We don't drive anything to new. Last time I had a brand new car was in 1976 when my son was born.

Had to have the safest car on the road for my baby so I bought a new off the showroom floor, Volvo.

What was I thinking??!! Couldn't pull a horse trailer so I sold it and bought a used 72' 3/4T Ford, to the

I told you so look.

Been that way ever since. Michael is a mechanic and we usually don't buy anything till it has about

100,000 miles on it - find something in the color and features we want and he just keep 'em running.

Last one we replaced just turned 325,000 miles when it groaned and fell over.

For a truck we now drive a 99 Dodge Ram 1/2T extended cab, so the dogs can go. Michael put in

a super heavy duty transmission and it pulls the horse trailer and the car trailer, loaded, just fine.

Thing we hate about new rigs is the insurance cost and license tabs ... horrible here in Washington.

Recently purchased new to me 6 cylinder Nissan Frontier crew cab. It is a 2002 model and only had 38,000 miles on it and was garage kept. We also have a 4 cylinder Nissan Frontier extended cab which I bought new in 2000. It has tons of miles on it. And here is my little trailer behind the 2002 pickup. While I am not big into bumper stickers on cars I do like this one I put on my trailer for giggles and grins.

066.JPG

068.JPG

Thing we hate about new rigs is the insurance cost and license tabs ... horrible here in Washington.
Same here in California, Nancy - I think that's why I'm better off with an older truck!

Liz N.

Latest posts

Back