Truck box mini horse cab/hauler

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baptism

Reaction score
With the steady increases in gas prices it occurs to me how economical it would be to haul a small mini with our little Ford Ranger rather than using my Expedition with the big horse trailer. Does anyone know if mini size slide in-the-box hauling shells exist?

Thanks!

http://www.miniaturehorsehaulersbybob.com

well, I gues the site dosen't work now, but there are things called miniature horse haulers by bob and you set them in the back of your truck! I will go look at the miniature horse world magazine and see if it has a # or e-mail. If you PM me I will get it for you, I don't think the modeters will let you post a # here!

Gage

With the steady increases in gas prices it occurs to me how economical it would be to haul a small mini with our little Ford Ranger rather than using my Expedition with the big horse trailer. Does anyone know if mini size slide in-the-box hauling shells exist?

Thanks!
I have one that is a slide in a small pickup it is open top but has a snap on cove that I have not used in 3 years and it is aluimnum. [email protected]

I found the website for the miniaturehorsehaulersbybob, it is at: http://members.aol.com/moreminis/

I have also seen someone haul their mini in a goat hauler in the back of the Ranger. It was an open metal "cage." I'm not sure how safe they are, but the little guy looked happy in his travels. L

Our solution was to get a slide in stock rack made for short narrow bed pickup and some sheet aluminum to enclose it. You can make a ramp for it and if you put a built up floor in it you can slide the ramp underneath. A stall mat fits fine with just a little trim. Just be sure you put some gripper on the ramp so they won't slide. You can buy adhesive backed gripper at Lowe's or most building supply stores.

Mary

Latest posts

Back