trot poles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different every single time. Even in the same group of pole ax Ring crews aren't perfect so I want my horse to be prepared to 'see the strides' and adjust accordingly. While everyone else's horses awkwardly stumble he adjusts and looks a touch less awkward. I would suggest looking at your chosen associations rule book and seeing what they say they are aupposed to be.

I agree, I wouldnt have them get use to only one distance just incase the shows end up being different

I think it will be fine - in moderation and no or very little jumping.

In a pasture set up, young horses will jump anything they perceive as jumpable. But when a horse is worked, he is not given a choice and/or could already be tired. That's where it can be damaging.

I was going to say you could do different heights and/or jump exercises, but I recommend that you wait on that. Start your young horse on ground driving instead... Or just go for long walks that incorporate natural obstacles - hills - low/mild and steep, ditches, rocks, limbs/logs, puddles, streams, ponds, rivers etc...

Latest posts

Back