Trooper, our little twisted Mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unicorner

Reaction score
Many of you already know Trooper, our little "mobility challenged" mini. But for those that don't and might like to follow his progress we are keeking a list of updates on our blog at http://unicornerfarm.blogspot.com/search/label/Trooper

Trooper was born with his back legs "twisted" almost into a pretzal. What gave us hope from the start was that the BONES were straight, just the ligaments and tendons not right. He had apparently gotten jammed up inside mom where he couldn't move his back legs.

He is currently out of his splints and is walking and running! He has a ways to go yet (still down in his pasterns) but continues to improve daily!

Trooper_022209_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_thumbup.gif
He's looking really good!!! Congratulations...GO TROOPER-GO!!!
default_new_multi.gif

I have been following Troopers progress and am very impressed with the improvement. Bless your hearts for taking such great care of him and bless his heart for having the will to give life a whirl! YAY!
default_smile.png

Oh that video was Fantastic, thank you so much for sharing.

Their is always hope and great name Trooper.

I believe he is going to make it too. Bless you's for caring and taken the time to give him a chance.
default_wub.png

Such a heart that one has as well as looks!!

Keep up the great work!!

I must have completely missed the post. But all I can say is WOW
default_aktion033.gif
he has come a long way. I saved your blog to my Favs so I can keep seeing his progress. Kudos to you guys for being there for this guy and I am sure it's been a lot of work. I'm so glad he got a chance and it looks like he's taking it.

Wow that is fantastic! I love his face, can't wait for him to get strong and unfold more! This is fantastic!

One thing I love about this forum is the unconditional love people give to their horses. Some people wouldn't have even thought of giving this wonderful little horse a chance and look what they would be missing out on
default_wub.png
. You are also providing alot of encouragement to others i'm sure! I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more about Trooper. Great job
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Your video showing him RUNNING almost made me cry.........HAPPY tears! You folks are awesome. And your little guy was given the PERFECT name.
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]Thank goodness that "Trooper" has you as his care givers/family.... Other's might not have been so compassionate. Thank you for sharing your story with us. [/SIZE]

Amazing! Never ceases to amaze me what resilience these little guys have, and what determination. Congratulations on a job well done.
default_smile.png

Jan

I don't know how I've missed it but this is the first I've heard of Trooper. I gotta say that video brought tears to my eyes. What great mini parents you are!! This is for your little Trooper --->
default_cheekkiss.gif

I have followed Troopers story since day one and know from our Helen's story who was born blind that they are just amazing animals and if given a chance will prosper in their own way. They have so much heart and courage. Congratulations on your wonderful Super Trooper. He will teach all who get to know him many lessons. I wanted to cry when I saw him running around his mom and they were surely happy tears. You are wonderful mini parents and Im sure Trooper has already taught you things that are in valuable.

For some reason I missed this!
default_new_shocked.gif
What an amazing spirit he has and you as well.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back