Tri-Tip Recipes, Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hosscrazy

Reaction score
I'm looking for some good tri-tip recipes and I know a lot of you here are great cooks! I can either do it in the oven or on the grill - I'm open! Thanks in advance!

Liz N.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah got me too ?? have you ever looked online? foodnetworktv.com or even search google for tri-tip ??
default_biggrin.png

Yah got me too ?? have you ever looked online? foodnetworktv.com or even search google for tri-tip ??
default_biggrin.png

That's pretty funny! I've been googling recipes and watching Youtube videos on different marinades and rubs, cooking times, etc. Looks like it's a California thing!!! Santa Maria, CA seems to be the region that's most known for tri-tip. Here's it's a staple at every BBQ!!! It's a cut of beef - kind of between a steak and roast in flavor. Very funny!!!

I think I found a good one, though...

My link

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a steak cut from the bottom half of a sirloin. It's very lean and does not contain much fat. I like to marinate it and then cook it on the grill...yummy
default_yes.gif

Thanks, Renee. What kind of marinade do you use?

Liz N.

This is the recipe I use:

Ingredients

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup olive oil

2 tablespoons water

2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped

ground black pepper to taste

4 pounds beef tri tip, cut into 1/2 inch slices

Directions

In a large, non-reactive bowl, blend the soy sauce, olive oil, water, garlic, and pepper. Place the beef tri tip in the marinade. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.

Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.

Grill the beef slices 3 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Discard remaining marinade.

Gonna try it this week for the first time - thanks!!! Will let you know how it turns out!

Liz N.

Latest posts

Back