Transfer question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haviris

Reaction score
I have two minis that I have thier papers, but no transfer. I haven't been able to get in contact w/ the previous owners and am wondering if there is any way to get them transfered w/out it?

I was afraid of that, looks like I may be out of luck. Thanks for the help!

I have the contact info, I just can't get ahold of anyone.

Maybe you could try calling and leaving a message with your name and number and just say that you are interested in getting in touch about needing some registration paperwork completed. . . .if you were promised papers in a signed contract then that document is a legal document that includes both parties - seller and buyer. . . .

This is why I never sell/buy without a signed contract. . .nor do I buy at auctions
default_wink.png

Unfortunately I didn't get a contract. And I've left messages, I'm not sure what I did, but I must have done something that made her deside she didn't want me to have the papers in my name. Lesson learned I guess.

What if you print out the transfers and call the lady and ask her if you can come over and get the papers signed. Maybe even offer to give her $20 for her trouble?

In that case. . .do you happen to be able to see the "for sale ad" she placed somewhere on the internet and take a picture of it on the computer screen? If she advertised the horse as coming with papers and she sold it to you, isn't she legally bound to give you the COMPLETE paperwork anyways?

Not sure about the legal aspect or not but maybe it will work.

Be sure to check the papers closely to see if the person who sold you the horses is listed as the current owner. She may not have switched them into her name.

Do you live close to her that you could go back over and get it signed? Or know of anyone that is close to her that could go and get it signed for you?

Unfortunately I didn't get a contract. And I've left messages, I'm not sure what I did, but I must have done something that made her deside she didn't want me to have the papers in my name. Lesson learned I guess.
I doubt it's anything you did at all--unfortunately some sellers are just that way, lousy at getting papers out to buyers.
Is the seller close to you--did you pick the horses up, or were they shipped to you? If you looked at the horses prior to purchase, did you see the papers? If so, were the papers in the name of the person that sold the horses to you? Or did the seller just imply that she had papers for the horses? so many times the seller hasn't transferred the papers into his/her name--sometimes the seller doesn't even have the paperwork. Sometimes the papers are up to date, but the seller just puts off sending them out, or simply doesn't send them out for some reason known only to him/herself!

It definitely pays not to buy a horse that isn't all registered, with papers up to date and in the name of the seller. It's a good idea to ask for the papers at the time the horse is picked up--if the horse is paid for in full and papers are in the name of the seller, there should be no reason why the papers can't be handed over when the buyer takes delivery of the horse.

I have no helpful advice to offer--I'm just sorry that you're having this difficulty. That is very disappointing.

When I was having trouble with this, I got the mailing address from the Reigstry. I sent the papers I needed with a sase. I included my phone number and email address also. I got my papers back. So you might try that.

Latest posts

Back