Trailer Accident

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JourneysEnd

Reaction score
Who has sway bars on their trailer and what brand do you have.

The one I like the best is $600 ! ! ! !
default_new_shocked.gif

but I guess I'd pay that in a heart beat to avoid the accident - if they truly work.

Nothing to contribute here, just bumping it up. Anyone have any input?

Jan

The stabilizer bars and the heavy duty hitch were included when we bought our trailer in 2001. Trailer is a Sundowner 2 horse straight load bumper pull with dressing room which we have dividers for to haul minis and/or big horses. The stabilizer bars say "Draw-tite on it. Sorry, I have no other information. I have no idea what they cost, but from what I am seeing on here, whatever it was, they are WORTH EVERY PENNY!

My parents old 4 horse came with them already installed. I've seen what not having them can be like and I'm glad to say learnign to drive a trailer with them on was nice.

I think back them, roughly 12 years ago they were about 300 after market, but that could have changed if the ones you are finding are 600. All I know is they are WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Mine were included in the hitch package I purchased when I bought my trailer- about $600 including labor. I haul a Kieferbuilt 2-horse slant with dressing room (aluminum over steel frame) with a dodge Dakota, so the weight distribution bars are a MUST! (I haul only 2 minis, carts, and gear ; when fully loaded I am still well under the capacity of my truck.) If I had it to do over again, I would probably invest in a minis only trailer, since my 16.3 thoroughbred has been in this 7 foot tall trailer exactly twice in the five years I have owned it! I would say that $600 is a small price to pay for the benefits provided by the weight distribution bars.

We have one too, but I don't know the brand name. They do make pulling a trailer much safer....along with taking a look around the vehicle and visually looking at everything before you pull out on the road AND don't speed in excess of conditions and don't take a trailer out with poor tires!

Back