Traffic Cones...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanch

Reaction score
I want a good 10 traffic cones for driving, but all I can find are the hard plastic ones. I plan to ask my driving(car) school when im in next week where they got their rubber ones but I'm wondering if anyone on here has any suggestions as to where I might find some??

Lots of tack stores have them too, you may pay more there than you would at Walmart but they have the good ones.

Look in State Line's catalog.

Jan

they seem to sprout up out of the ground around here! highways are almost impassable for the herds of them going down the road!!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

I bought traffic cones at Home Depot. Rubbery plastic, you can get tall or short. They've lasted a long time.

I got some to use for halter obstical and to mark my in and out gates for hunter at wall mart. The ones I got are 9" and a pack of 4 only cost something like $5. They do collaps on impact so if while you are driving and run over it your cart won't be dammaged. They are in the sporting goods Isle.

Obviously you don't live in Tennesee....ain't seen a barn yet that doesn't have a few used road cones marked "county property" in their KMart shopping cart behind the barn
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not just in TN!!! But I figured everyone knew where to get those!! We don't have county government in CT though, so they aren't marked "County". The regular size ones are handy for some things, but I actually prefer the smaller ones for obstacle and driving practice.

Around here, the highway construction workers leave them behind half the time when their project is done. People just pick them up.

Around here many stores carry them. Time Warner Cable crews seem to leave at least one at every stop they make. They must think they are "marking" their territory.

Marty, That is not a KMART shopping cart it is a mobile grill!!!!

We have a dozen marked "PennDOT" on them.....
default_wink.png

No, we didn't swipe them but Jane's daughter's exboyfriend did....

Lucy

I got mine at a sporting goods store. They are half hollowed out on the casing (hard to describe). But they can be smashed, run over, etc. and won't break on me (which comes in handy when you design obstacle courses). I think they are actually soccer cones. But nice and light weight.

"they seem to sprout up out of the ground around here! highways are almost impassable for the herds of them going down the road!!"

LOL!!! You must live in Ohio - they have got massive herds of baby cones and adult barrels sprouting up all over!

I want a good 10 traffic cones for driving, but all I can find are the hard plastic ones. I plan to ask my driving(car) school when im in next week where they got their rubber ones but I'm wondering if anyone on here has any suggestions as to where I might find some??
I have picked up quite a few at yard sales. I know they have been rehomed from somewhere else because of the lettering on them. Occasionally I find them in ditches where they have gotten misplaced.
default_wink.png

Roadside pick up for sure
default_wink.png
i mean even if they say COUNTY or whatever on it think of it this way we are tax payers and at some point in time

we paid for them so why not pick up what we bought right
default_wink.png
besides OSHA orange spraypaint at the local hardware store makes it nice and bright shiny new cone !!!!!!!!!!!!

If though you cant bring yourself to 5finger discount a few that they wont miss I promise in the midnight hours (or after dark !) I have seen them for sale at walmart and tractor supply in the automotive stores I have also seen them at a few other places but cant remember were i was mighta been home depot or lowes.

HMMMMMM...... now that i think about it I need a few myself and they are doing a ton and i do mean a ton of road construction between here and OKC I could just ride down the road in my semi and wipe out a few and hope they wedge up under the bumper and drag em home
default_wink.png
nah I just go get em

You could actually go to the DOT or the county barns in your area they might be willing to sell some older ones they might be getting ready to trash but are still good for farm use !
default_biggrin.png

RV Stores have them rather cheap.

This is the best price I've found: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/zone-cone/26248

On the other hand, you might get some free without using 5 Finger discount. The water company crew once had a truck on our street. The fellows were working in the hot sun all day. I took them some cans of cold coke and asked them where I could get cones. They gave me a bunch off their truck. All I had to do was ask!

Rand Company sells them as does the Grainger Company.

Here is a link to their pages.

http://www.randmh.com/default2.asp?keyword=traffic+cones

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/produ...amp;L1=Cones%2C

I laughed when I read about 'borrowing' them left on the sides of the road.

Three of my teen age 4H girls, pulled over and picked some up off the side of the road.

Some law abiding citizen took down their license number and reported them to the police.

Didn't help that the girl was driving her parents company truck with the personalized

license plate....Duh!

Police came to their house and all three girls ended up going to court and having to do

20 hours of community service. Girls still thought it was pretty funny in the telling...

None of their parents shared their humor. LOL

Latest posts

Back