Toys/balls

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefall

Reaction score
I'm looking for a large ball that can't be popped. I have gotten my minis some nice ones but my Mastiff steals them and ends up popping them all, or any toys that aren't tied to the fence he also steals and ruins them.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Anyone know of any extra tuff large ones?

Thanks in advance!

have you ever gotten just the horse jolly balls? I cant imagine a dog destroying them.

I have the Jolly Ball, and one of those scented plastic apples. I tied a big thick cotton rope on the apple so he could carry it around, and he LOVES it! It's his favorite of all his toys. The Jolly Ball has no air in it, and it's pretty thick plastic. The apple is a hard plastic with no air in it.

PC183349.jpg

PC183334.jpg

I've seen and heard others talk about using cones for toys; I don't have one yet, but plan on getting one for him to see if he likes it. Can anyone tell me where those can be bought?

Yes I have tried the Jolly's but my dog takes those away, wish they were bigger. I think I had the 10" one.

Here is a link to some fun toys, I tried the ball, but the dog tore off the colored material and popped the ball. grrrrrrrrrrrrr............................

http://www.naturalhorsetalk.com/horsetoys.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Ozymandias is a Bowflex kind guy (sorry...taking a break from being clipped) He's been trying to get a bowflex body to impress the local ladies. As you can see he needs it...carrying a few extra pounds there :bgrin.

bowflex.jpg

Our large outside dog does the same thing with any size ball we have gotten for the horses in the past year no matter the size they all lay around flat within a short time usually she'll steal them overnight and do the dirty work. The other day l watched while one of the stallions was playing flinging his rubber feedtub around in the air with his teeth showing of to the weaners having a jolly time and later the dog snuck in under the gate and dragged it out and hid it in her dog house. The big rubber cones around here have all the tops chewed of. l think the dog just can't stand to see the horses having fun but she's just a year old so hopefully she'll overcome that as she matures..

Here is a thought, my guys are amused with it and only have access to it during the day - big black thick hard plastic long (3 feet ) peice of PVC pipe. It was hidden under 2 feet of snow in the corral and they found it and dug it up - I had no idea where it was but they knew.

you can purchase cones at a hardware store like Home Depot, but be aware they are kinda expensive! maybe you will get lucky driving down the road and one will just jump into your vehicle :new_shocked:

I have a plastic 55 gallon barrel layed on its side for my mini's . They love shoving it around the pen. And one of those plastic apples hanging from an overhanging branch for them to bat around. Just within reach though so they don't get hung up in it.

Latest posts

Back