Tough 1 grazing muzzles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
I have one I bought a couple of years ago and really like it. Recently I ordered a couple more since I have three horses on dry lot now due to IR. Well one that tested positive some years ago and later a couple of others with similar symptoms. They get an occasional brief turn out but I could only let one at a time out since I only had the one Tough 1 mini muzzle. When the two muzzles arrived they were too big and seemed to be a total re-design on the older one that I was happy with. With some research it was determined that Tough 1 has both the Grazing Muzzle and E Z Breathe Grazing Muzzle. The one with the good fit has a round hole and the other has a rectangular hole and some nostril openings. So, if you are going to purchase I would recommend the one that does not state E Z Breathe for a better fit for a mini.

Thanks, I would love to be able to let seven out in a larger pen so he can run but he needs a grazing muzzle.

I use the "Roma" brand on one of my little ones. It was about the only one I could say "Fit correctly". The first two I ordered , I could of fit my thoroughbred into.

They may be for sale on Ebay ?

I will check out the Roma even though I currently don't need another. Chicks Saddlery (love them) is going to replace the two with the better fit. They are so great with customer service. One of my new halters even came in wrong size and they said just keep it and they are sending a different and more expensive one at no cost. These 3 horses have gone through such a life style change being taken off pasture so I like giving them a wee bit of freedom occasionally. They are looking so fit! Had them on Purena Wellness Low Starch since corralled and they lost weight and grew new healthy hooves. It got rather pricey so have gradually shifted to Ex-Factor Low Starch and they are looking awesome. It is hard to believe a few years ago I had thoughts of giving Romey away to an owner that was well trained in Insulin Resistance and at one point thought I would have to put her down. She now looks like a million bucks! Faith and J R look terrific now also. It is a lot of trouble soaking them hay twice a day. But hay (pun intended) when you love them as I do you just do it!

Mine is a tough one and I love it. But shes a more native type so a bit bigger in the muzzle.

11112217_462604200590985_5716829862031926070_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the same one as above. Its fits great and she can't get it off.

Latest posts

Back