Touch of Class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^T-bird89^

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just have a couple questions about the TOC and hoping somebody can answer them...I haven't ever particpated in the show- just watched. I wanted to take Austin and show him in a couple classes this year to get him some experience and have a little fun. He is double registered AMHA/AMHR.

Anyhow, these are my questions:

Do I have to be a member of AMHA to show him?

He will be 5 the first day of the show, March 25th, so he will be considered a "senior stallion" right?

Is the veterinary certificate of inspection just a general check-up or what is required with that? And does that need to be submitted by March 15th, along with the entry form?

Thanks, I just haven't ever shown in any club sponsored shows (just small open horse shows with my arabian when i was younger), and I would like to participate this year. Any help would be appreciated!

Im not familiar with that particular show since im in Florida, but most of the shows across the country are pretty much the same as far as entries....

No, you dont have to be a member of AMHA to show in an AMHA sanctioned show, the same as far as AMHR, however, if you are going to show in an AMATURE class or an AOTE class, you will have to be a member of the registry to get an Amature Card to show in those classes... but for Open Classes like you Age and Height division, Liberty, Color or Performance, you do not have to be a member, Your horse just has to be registered..... You will have to show your Registration papers to show management to be able to show, some require copys for thier records.... Same with a current coggins

He will show as a Senior Stallion, All horses shown that are 3 Years old and older are "Seniors"

The veterinary certificate is required for Senior Stallions showing in AMHA shows, Your vet has to sign it and all it states is the Stallion has both of his stallion parts.... I think all you have to do is show it to the show manager at the show, but im not quite sure....

Most show managers will allow you to give them copys off all paperwork at the show as long as your entry is sent in by the deadline, I mostly Fax in my entries to the show manager then give them copies of all my paperwork when I check in at the show....

I hope this helps some

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want points, you should be a member of AMHA....

He is five as of January 1st, regardless of his technical birth date, and yes, he is a senior stallion then. As stated above, this is when he goes permanent, however, he is considered a 'senior' in the show ring prior to this. Also, make sure you have a copy of the front and back of his registration papers... sounds like it's time for him to go permanent, if you haven't already.

We usually have a vet on the grounds to do the 'berry check' on the stallions there, and your show premium should have more info on that for you, as to the times, etc... If not, call the show manager or chairman and ask them. In the past, the vets had the forms for that there, and you keep the original- it is good for life, and give a COPY to the show office. Then in the future, you only need to produce a copy of that with your entries.

If there is anything else specific you need, feel free to email me. I was past recording secretary for MHAA in 2008 & 2007 and served as a director in 98 and 99. Worked the raffle horse table most of last year and the year before, but dont know if I will be showing this year, due to personal issues that have come up.

Latest posts

Back