Top Titles. How much worth do they add?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishful

Reaction score
Just a simple survey to find out how much worth a top title would add for a buyer/seller.

Top tens? Grand champions? Does the worth added depend on how many years ago the horse was at the top?

Hmm well for me a National record is great however the breed has changed so much in the past 5 years heck even in the past 2-3 years the size of the classes alone has changed alot. If it was a stallion or even a mare.. and the title was from a few years ago I would then look to there offspring to see how they are doing.

It would be nice to have titles, but if they're that long ago, I would be more concerned on what they've produced since then. All mature horses (older than 8-10) what they are producing is more important than just their title.

Those titles would not mean anything to me if I were buying. What would matter is the quality of the foals the horse has produced since getting those titles.......... When I am selling a horse with big wins I do put that information in the ad. It may mean something to the buyer when they are looking for a tie breaker between two horses.

Well it would mean a lot to me as long as they are also producing champions. I almost bought Rhotens Encore from Linda R when she dispersed. He was an older stallion but also an AMHA stallion of distinction, AMHA top ten etc etc. So yes I think those titles mean a lot. Not everyone has a stallion of distinction. But also he was producing champions so together its the whole package. Even though he was older he was and is throwing get that win in the show ring. Buckeroo is older too but his sons and daughters are still winning so I dont think age is a problem. But I do keep in mind that both of these stallions mentioned were way ahead of their time

What they are producing is worth more at 10 yrs. But, even still it means they had something that caught the judges eye. I guess it would depend alot on what you wanted to do with them. If you wanted a showmanship horse, their experience and correctness would sure help. Its alot easier to show a correct horse than an incorrect one.

It definitely means a lot to me...but as well as the others I would want to see what he has produced recently and how they are doing in the show ring.

I agree with the others, but just wanted to add that IMO, titles do mean a lot. But, having said that, I would also look at how those titles were earned. Were they National titles where the horse competed against SEVERAL others or just a couple (not all classes are huge)? Were they HOF or All Star titles? Stuff like that.

Back