Tonight, Tia is fighting for her life

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
Poor little Tia has taken a turn for the worse today. She had to do a minor surgery even to get the needle back in to her vein today. Her blood levels are elavated from 700 and 800 to 7000 and 8000. She has acute pancreatitis and now diabetes.

It's weird because it came on so fast, Sunday she was feisty and barking at company, Monday I took her in (she kept throwing up water and was so ashamed of herself) and brought her home later with orders to take her back on Tuesday and then Joan kept her there. But she did have some troubles a few wks ago too and had been put on meds for 7 days. She has warned us that she could go at any time. Poor little Tia, we visited her at 4 today and she doesn't look to good.
default_sad.png
This is the worst thing about having pets.
default_pray.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, Marnie, I am sorry that Tia is sick. Sending up prayers for a quick and full recovery for your little one!

love,

Robin

Oh, Marnie and Nate, I am so sorry to hear about Tia. She's such a great little loving dog. Just remember if she goes to be with your beloved Maggie, you did all you could for her and she was so loved by you and Nate that she has had a wonderful life up to this point. (((((hugs and
default_wub.png
))))) to you and Nate.

Thanks everyone. We just came from there now, I was with Donna and Lisa, so we all went to see her and Nate met us there. Joan says she's a little fighter, that she's lasted better than she thought she would. It's her pancreas that is still inflamed and not working but yesterday she threw water up right away, today she kept it down for 2 hours. But again, Joan did warn us that she could go at any time.

We're stopping back again in the morning to see her. We're going to give her through the weekend and if she makes it, we'll still have to see if she can eat and if not, we have a bad decision to make. Poor little dogs just don't live long enough, Tia's ten but it seems like just yesterday she was a puppy.

Bonnie, Sassy, not Maggie, OMG! Yesterday we actually took Maggie along to see Tia, but Tia's not to with it but she did know Maggie. Maggie just wanted to get out of there, I could see she was glad it was Tia and not her in there.

So sorry, I hope she makes it! You're right, they just don't live long enough!!

Pam

Marnie,

Lots and lots of prayers for little Tia- she is indeed a fighter - when we were at the vet today, you could see that she was happy to see you and Nate. You are giving her every chance and you have a great vet to work with you - Tia is in the best of care.

I agree with you - it is so important for her to see you and Nate and for little Tia to feel the love that you and Nate have for her.

Hugs!

Sending you blessings and prayers for both you and Tia.

Joan called a while ago and said her glucose levels were at 478 and they are working at getting it down. I don't know a lot about diabetes but it sounds pretty scarey.

Marnie, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Tia {{{hugs}}}

So sorry to hear of your little Tia. I had a diabetic Samoyed and I know it is so hard to keep them regulated on meds. Much harder than humans. My girl also hated throwing up very unlady like and she was such a priss. I'll be thinking healing thoughts and sending prayers for your precious Tia it sounds like you have an awesome vet that is taking great care of her.

Marnie, I am holding you and Tia in my thoughts and prayers. I understand so much how it feels to have a beloved pet in the hospital. It makes it hard to concentrate on anything else, to say the least. I hope everything can be okay!

Hoping for a promising update today! She (and you) are in my prayers!

Barbie

Latest posts

Back