Tomorrow is Cassidy's first Gymkanna

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casnos Minis

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt]Well we are going to a Gymkanna in Rowe, MA tomorrow. It's our first one. Cassidy will be in lead line class. Even though she knows how to ride a horse by herself, our pony doesn't know how to neck rein. We have dicovered this recently. She is a wonderful driving horse, but needs work with the reining. We leave at 6am amd won't get back until 4-6 pm. That's okay. As far as we know it's Philly's first time going to something like this. I might ride her in a couple walk/trot classes, but I'm not sure yet. I'll have pictures to post on Monday. Well I'm off to bed I have to get up at 5am.[/SIZE]

Christy

Last edited by a moderator:
Christy you and Cassidy have a great time tomorrow. Brings back memories of when I was

a teenager. Remember lots of pictures...

Gini

How did the gymkhana go? I'm glad you decided to give Philly a little more time. I hope that she was ready for the excitement of the show. They can act very differently at a show as it is quite a change of scene for them so if she acted up, please don't expect that to be an indication that things won't work. Are you getting lessons for her and Cassidy? Best of luck to you! -jo ann-

[SIZE=18pt]The gykanna went awsome!!!!!!! She never even acted up at all, so I think she's going to stay. She need training on reining, but we are working on that every week. My cousin is going to train her and also give Cassidy lessons on her. I got lots of video, I have to down load it and I got some pictures. I also rode and felt great. I got a participant ribbon. Cassidy took first in the mint julep cup, second in egg & spoon and in Pairs & paper, she took a 3rd in barrells, a 4th inScurry and 5th in poles and Big T weave. She is going to another one on October 15th. She's been bitten by the games/show bug.[/SIZE]

Congratulations! :aktion033: Im also a games fan.
default_yes.gif
: My boy and I won High Point Contester at our 4-H show,and he's around 25 years old!! He's just lucky he's so long legged,he's an awesome horse though,hes willing to try anything and all in the same day I can do showmanship,horsemanship,and contesting,and hes just fine for it all.
default_wub.png
: He seems to really love the barrel racing,and so do I!
default_smile.png

Edited to add: We want to see lots of pictures!
default_smile.png
By the way,what breed is Philly? My guy is susposed to be a Trakehner,but we dont really know,he's not registered,but he's big built so I just say he's a draft cross. He's a 16hh Palomino.What is Scurry,a fun class?

Congratulations on such an exciting day:)!!! I'm glad things are working out with Philly:). Ok. Are there any 4-H horse clubs near you? That would be excellent for Cassidy. My daughter started out in 4-H and learned a lot. Anxious to see those pics!!! Hugs to both girls:) -jo ann-

[SIZE=18pt]Equinelover-[/SIZE]

Philly is a haflinger, 13 years old. Scurry is you walk, trot, canter over 2 cross rails and then go around a barrel and do the rails again. Philly just plowed through the rails. She wasn't sure what they were for.

momtotwo -

We do have a 4-H group, she was involved the end of last year. This year they want $50 to join and then dues on top of that. Not sure if we are going to be able to do it this year. She has lessons until cold weather sets in, and dance class every week. 4-H would be every other week. Since it's a one time fee she'll probably do it.

Philly isn't ready for regular showing, but I think she'll be an excellent games horse. She can always use the insructor's horse for a regular show.

I'm down loading pics this AM so you should have some tonight.

Christy

Glad you had good time.

FYI the 4 H shows in Spencer MA have mini classes. That is most likely at just over an hour from you. The class are in the morning and normally over by noon or early afternoon.

Awww:) So cute:)!!! Wow. I didn't know about the fees. When we were in 4-H we didn't even have to pay dues. Times they are a-changin', huh? That's a nice looking little pony:). One thing to remember, she IS a pony and as such, COULD have a bit of a tendency toward hardheadedness. Not ALL ponies share that trait but many of them do. That can be frustrating but it is also an awesome training aid for future equestrian leaders. My daughter says that before she sells a horse she is going to ask about the person's first pony:). If they survived an ornery pony, they should be ok with a horse that's been allowed to remain a horse:). Keep up with the good work! Pony Club might also be an option. Don't know if there's one in your area or if they have fees but they are great for kids. Have fun!! -jo ann-

[SIZE=18pt]momtotwo- [/SIZE]

Yeah it was $25 last year and it went up this year. I think it's rediculous. There are kids that would like to join, but the family might not have the money. When I was younger we had dues of $1 each week and that was it. I'm thinking of starting one in my town, so I don't ahve to travel. My cousin said she would be a leader with me. I'm sending out flyers to the school tomorrow.

Gini-

Here are pictures. I have videos also, but I have dial up right now so it take forever to down load.

The next Gymkana is in Heath, MA on October 15th for anyone around that would like to come and participate or just watch.

Christy

Hi Christy, I think the idea of starting a local 4-H club is an excellent one. It takes a bit of work but it is certainly worth the effort and Cassidy will love you all the more for it:). We have a little Morgan/Welsh mare that is a silver bay and Philly kind of reminds me a bit of her. By the way, the pic of Philly next to the big horse, was the girl talking to Cassidy? or just surprised to see a pony going by? That is a cute picture:). Good luck:) -jo ann-

[SIZE=18pt]She was doing a game called paper and pairs with her. Suprisingly enough they where doing great untill Philly just stopped so she could go to the bathroom. Philly doesn't think she can keep walking and go to the bathroom at the same time LOL.[/SIZE]

Christy

Latest posts

Back