Today's Holly pic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty, you always make me smile! Yes, Holly looks very preggers to me and with a maiden you can't always tell by the bag. She'll have that foal when they're both ready.

God Bless you and your little Holly too!. She is beautiful!!!

Oh Marty, Bless your heart...I think she looks like a maiden mare and probably got pregnant the last time she was exposed to Nick (that little devil).. It is really heard to tell on a maidne...Hang in there...Do you drink wine? Red wine always helps..
wink.gif

By these pics Holly is FOR SURE in foal. I do think however that she caught in September and not as earlier as you thought and that is why for this wait. I don't find her "huge" so I am going to say as well that she has at least another 2 to 3 weeks to go.

I know exactly how you feel, I went through the same with Abby, these maidens drive you nuts and of course because we are both NEW to these minis foaling. Hang in there and try and get some kind of sleep.

Palomino88 said:
Thanks for the arrow showing where the feetus is located, very handy for some one like myself because I really wasnt sure on that!
Looks like shes getting there Marty - Just hold your horses 
biggrin.gif

Looks like the feetus is moving around in there she definatly looks pregnant to me, and am I seeing things or is she starting a little bag there?

440229[/snapback]

yah hold your horses, but dont hold back fetus LOL

I have no idea if she is bred or not, dont take this as bad news(like ohhhhh he dosent know if she is) cause I have never had a bred mares, and know nothing about them!

She sure is pretty though!

Holly was bred in September???
wacko.gif
- now it ALL makes sense!!
smile.gif
Everything there is completely on track for an August foal!! That sneaky pair have fooled you, Marty, Holly is fine, she is just due a bit later than you thought- so, back to the drawing board for you, (does mean you can get a bit of sleep and stop worrying
yes.gif
) Work out her dates if she was bred to the other dates, and settle down a bit, I'll bet she'll foal towards the end of August.

Marty, I would almost bet she settled on those 2 days in September, and she is right on track for a late August foal. Which also means she "could" foal anytime, but she looks like she still has a while to go. So you waited 21 years already, what's a couple more weeks?
biggrin.gif
Hang in there Marty. It will happen. By the way, Holly is a very pretty mare.

Marty,

I am also leaning toward Holly being bred the last part of September, so she just wouldn't be due quite yet. Hang in there kid - everything is going to be just fine.
biggrin.gif

Yup, looks pregnant to me too!! Can't wait to see your foal!
smile.gif

Good morning Marty--I hope you got some rest last night, and I also think you will be able to,get another, about 2 weeks worth--of sleep! I think Nick and Holly played a good one on you and she was actually bred in Sept.
yes.gif
See, not even all good Moms know EVERYTHING there "kids" are doing!!
biggrin.gif
wub.gif
I didnt realize either that Holly was out with Nick in September! Now everythhing is making sense, and she does look like she is starting to get a tiny little bag so if she was bred in September, she will probably have Fetus right on her due date. Hang in there!
wink.gif
Corinne

Thanks for the new pics Marty, and glad the new information has also "came out". Now it makes more sense as to why no bag for a mare that is 2 weeks overdue.
wink.gif
That same thing happened to me as well, when Playgirl was in foal with Danielle's stallion, "Flash".

You'll also have to send in an amended stallion report probably(I think) as the dates will be wrong, unless you already marked it down on the original one.

Good Luck, and get some sleep NOW while you can!
yes.gif

Boy i will say it again PLEASE dont expect or wait for all the signs to think your mare will foal especially a maiden. For those who have had mares give you all the signs including change in shape you are very lucky it certainly isnt something all mares do!

I had a maiden go 359 days.. she didnt get a tight bag or even a large bag till well into the 340+ range the next year was even later and she had a 362 day foal

I am not saying she will go any day but I am saying dont depend on her bag or even her shape to tell you everything.

The one thing I learned about foaling is you just never know what they will do
smile.gif
go with your gut that usually works

Latest posts

Back