Today was the memorial for my nephew

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much, everyone, for your kind thoughts and remembrances and the get well wishes, which I seem to need.

This has me thrown off base as I am rarely sick, especially flu type sick. I have not thrown up for hours but I still feel like I want to and am afraid to drink much more than one glass of water at a time and I'm used to drinking LOTS of it. I do now have the intense aches and some leg cramps just for good measure, probably related to being dehydrated or something?

I guess if it's not a lot better by tomorrow I will have to break down and go see a dr. or something. Yuck!

The memorial WAS very nice, and good to see everyone there just crying and hugging as they give their grief airtime in an apropriate atmosphere, surrounded by those that understand. So many try to hold it together and a friend and I were agreeing (he is even a man) that you have to cry when the urge takes you, not keep it inside for too long, and save it for later, when the newness is past and noone else is on the same page.

Thanks Marty, too, for the thought, I would definitely try that out. I can't get warm and haven't been since about 2 o'clock this afternoon. At least the little ones went down for a nap.

May take a hot bath and drink all the water I can stand and just see what happens, I am SO thirsty! *LOL* If I throw up, I throw up.

I didn't eat any of the chicken last night, Martin's brother and sister brought it from a local store, o/wise I WOULD be thinking so. Also no chance of being pregnant, thankfully! *LOL* That is all that I'd need. I love being pregnant and having babies, but wow....once they're born...lookout!
default_smile.png
Plus I was rarely ever sick when I WAS pregnant.
default_smile.png

Take care, all...

Liz M.

I'm so sorry for your terrible loss, Liz. I hope you're feeling better physically by tomorrow, but I know the emotional part will take some time. Deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Liz, have been thinking of you and wondering whether your nephew had been found. As others said, it does bring some closure. Hug your cat and take care of yourself.
default_yes.gif
:

Jan

Do NOT go drinking huge glasses of water! :nono: I work at a consulting nurse line as the receptionist and I overhear the advice for vomitting over and over during the day. Do not eat anything, and they mean ANYTHING, for eight hours after vomitting. I think they say if you go an hour without vomitting you can try some sips of water, but it's no more than one sip every five minutes. After you've kept that down for eight hours you can try eating some bland foods and see how you do. But if you vomit even once you have to start the whole eight-hour thing over. It sounds ridiculous to me but the nurse next to me forcibly removed the water from my hand the day I was nauseous and she was right. Little sips far apart went down okay but the minute I had a few gulps I felt sick again. ::sigh::

They do worry about dehydration, but if you keep vomitting the water right back up you will dehydrate anyway.

I agree that this is probably because of all the stress you're under. It's enough to get anyone down and it's a wonder to me that you still managed to clean up cat vomit in the middle of all this. And I'll bet you've been cleaning the barn too! :new_shocked: Go lay down, cry a little more, get better, then go hug that precious new fuzzy baby of yours and heal. We're all holding you and your family in our prayers.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Liz, I'm so sorry that on top of everything else you had to get the puking flu! I'm a believer in listening to your body.....if it's telling you it doesn't want to drink fluids yet then don't. You're better off just sipping fluids than drinking a bunch. That said....I'd much rather vomit fluid than have the dry heaves.......yuck! Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

The memorial sounded wonderful and you gave Craig a wonderful send-off. I'm so glad they found his body. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Liz, I am so sorry for your loss and then feeling so physically ill. I wish there were words to take away the pain but know that only time will help. Know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Robin

:no: OH GOD LIZ IM SOOO SORY FOR YOUR LOSS,IM GLAD THEY HAVE HIM FOR HIS FAMILYS SAKE AND THAT THE SEA RETURNED HIM, YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS,THIS IS SO SAD,{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} :no: I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!
default_sad.png

I'm so very sorry. Words just escape me, I'm sitting here crying for you. Hugs to you.

I would wish to wrap you in the warmth of my caring hugs and fill you up with my heartfelt prayers for peace.

I pray when he is laid to rest with his Coors and momentos; the closure will help all of those who mourn his much to early a loss.

As for your illness try to find something called "Emetrol". It will help stop the vomiting and allow you to rehydrate after a while. Read the directions! My hopes and healing prayers are with you. Deb

[SIZE=14pt]Liz so sorry for you and your family, Glad though that you have closure now that they have found him.... Its so hard when there is nothing concrete... you always wonder.[/SIZE]

God be with you all.

Lyn

Liz,

Wanted to add my condolences to everyone else's....I am so very sorry for your loss! I watched the news the night before last when they showed a memorial for the crew (this must've been a separate one)...and it was heart-wrenching to see just the small portion they showed on TV!

I'm sorry , too, that you have been sick...how awful...double whammy!! I hope you are starting to feel better...I am like you in that I rarely get "throw up" sick (last time was 1.5 yrs ago and before that was about 8 yrs ago!).

(((((HUGS))))) to you and your family at this time!

Liz, you and your family are in my thoughts...

I hope for you that this all will settle in a good place in your heart and daily life will make a turn to the more positive and cheerfull side. I hope you will feel better soon!

Take care, Mijke

Liz, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. At least now you have some closure to this, as hard as it is. PLEASE take care of yourself...and your cat. Corinne

Liz,

I am so sorry for all your family is going through. I wish you continued good thoughts and happy memories for you and your family.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your nephew

and sorry that you are sick too!

hugs! and prayers.

JJay

Tonic soda water will ease leg cramps. Just be careful and take care of yourself right now. I hope you can feel this, I'm sending you a huge hug of warmth, strength and love.

I can't even think of any words to say, all I can do is sit here and cry. What a lovely service he had. And what a tragic loss for his family and friends. I'm so sorry.

My love and hugs,

Robin

boatpic.jpg

Here is the photo of his boat. He is on the flying bridge, driving it, and the back deck is loaded with pots, headed out to put them in the ocean.

jessmemorial.jpg

His fiancee at the memorial (black leather jacket) holding his son.

I only wish I could have stayed longer and visited, but I needed to get home and rest.

Still not feeling the best, sort of sweaty and tired/weak. I have been able to drink water and a little bit of orange juice, so things must be getting better.

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes, they must be working!

My oldest son did a lot of my chores for me last night and built a fire, too, since I could NOT get warm no matter what.
default_smile.png

Liz M.

Liz, You get well and take care of yourself. AND please accept again my sincere condolences for your deep loss. This will take a long time to heal and I feel your pain. I'm so sorry! Maxine

I am so sorry for your loss and your family. I hope you are feeling better soon.

This is all so sad and heart breaking!

Take care

Joyce

Back