To Big For His Britches ???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spellcasterminis

Reaction score
We named our Prince and Star foal Spellcaster's Dun Wicked because he was such a lil brat and always being bad. Well he's really living up to his name. Last night I came home and hubby told me he'd found Wicky in the back with the big horses and fillies. Needless to say his Mom was NOT happy. This morning when I put them up front in their yard I didn't think much about it. Until my daughter came running in to tell me Wicky was in the back again. I go walking out there to find Wicky trying to breed one of the 2yr old fillies. Now yes I know foals will jump on other horses and act silly, he does this to mom all the time. But this boy was seriously trying to cover this girl. He had his dipstick out, erect and was trying to get happy feet. Luckily he's still a lil short in the britches and couldn't reach. When I yelled at him he began to "herd" his gal around until he could try again. Of course by this time Mom has realized she's missing something. Dad is in the field next to all this and ticked off to no end screaming, stomping and throwing a tantrum over someone trying to breed one of "his" ladies. Of course this just made Wicky all that much prouder of himself and had his tail flipped over his back strutting his stuff. Now Wicky is only a lil over a month old. Is this normal behavior or is he being a little too mature for his age?

That's a very funny story..giggle giggle.

I have a six month old colt who did the same thing at the same age..and still continues to do it!

My neighbour brings her shetland mare across for 'play days' and Bailey isn't sure whether to nurse from her or mount her, so he tries both!
default_wink.png
: Poor little man is so confused.

From everything people have told me here on the forum, it's a normal healthy colt attitude. It still seems so funny to see my 26 inch baby mounting a fully grown shetland! :new_shocked:

You guys are toooo much. What a hoot. :bgrin :bgrin cjmm

Latest posts

Back