Tips/advice helpppp?!?! Photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KendallG

Reaction score
First post so bare with me
default_smile.png

Okay, so a friend of mines daughter is wanting to show my mini in halter at our local open shows and looking for advice, tips, even critiques. I can handle the brutal truth, I promise lol. Anyways, I know these pics I have are not the best. But, if I was ever going to post it was now or never or I would keep forgetting. Now I will have to get decent pics.
default_smile.png
I know that he is not the greatest but, he's perfect for the little girl to get started. However, I want her to be competitive with him and make her first year showing a good one. I'm no stranger to the halter horse fitting but, have always been under guidance of a trainer.

Horse info- 2000 amha gelding 30incher has done absolutely nothing for the past few years other than the occasional drive.

Note- this is not his finish clip and excuse the ill fitting halter

let me know if I forgot anything

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Posting this to show my yearling aqha from last year...

image.jpg

Lookin' good =) I think if you thinned his fore lock and trimmed the hair above his hooves/put on black hoof polish--I think he'd look great!

Thanks! Fore lock is def the next thing on the list. hopefully, we will get to do a finish clip on him tomorrow. At times his head looks large and I can't figure out if hes got a big head or his neck is short or something haha.

He just needs a little clean up!!! He'll do great!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he will do just fine for you. His small size will probably win the "cute factor" from the judge
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back