Tiny update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant even put into words what all your prayers, well wishes, emails have meant to me. Its been a really rough year here and you guys always pull me through. What an amazing group of people. Even though we have had a lot of bad things this year I really am blessed with this group of friends.

to marnie and vickie and mary lou im so sorry for your losses also and my heart aches along with yours

I laid in bed all day just emotionally and physically exhausted. But I do thank the ones that called to let me know they were thinking about us. I just couldnt talk without bawling my head off. Also thanks to jodi french for being so understanding about cancelling my photo shoot. I tried but I just couldnt do it.

Just a small update. I saw my farm vet and he is just adamant that its not rabies. He tends to think it was west nile. Im so confused between all these opinions. I just wish osu would call with the test results so I could stop worrying. My farm vet also said rabies from coons is just about impossible. He said they have only had like one confirmed case of a rabid coon in ohio in years and years. we trapped the coon again last night with a different trap (he chewed out of the first one) and again he got out. this is one smart coon.

This has been really hard on kyle and hubby too. Rusty said he keeps thinking he has to hook the trailer up and go get her.
default_sad.png

Thank you all again. Means so much to me and my family. When I get the test results i will post them

just got off the phone with osu. my vet is off for the weekend so they wont tell me any test results until monday. still never even got the potomac fever test results that i was supposed to get 2 days ago. Im starting to wonder why I paid for all these tests when it didnt even matter and they wont even give me the results :no:

Oh Kay, I'm so sorry you lost your special girl. :no: There seems to be a lot of that going around lately.....it can just stop! I was hoping for a better outcome when I read this thread.....you must be physically and emotionally exhausted. Please take care of yourself.

I'm so sorrry to hear you had to let Tiny go. May she rest in peace. It is so hard to lose one after you've tried so hard to keep them alive for their whole life. At least that's how I felt when Melody passed away earlier this year. I hope you discover what caused her to suddenly get so ill. I know you mentioned rabies, but I thought the vaccine was supposed to protect them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kay, my heart goes out to you with your fight to have the baby live. Please let us know how she is doing and my prayers are with you and her.

Joyce L

Kay & Family

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your mare Tiny. I had so prayed for her to make it.

It is so hard to loose them. I truly do understand as we too lost one of our most treasured

and loved mares this week, Miss Cashmere to a massive Stroke. So I do feel your pain.

Our girls are running together in Heaven, trying hard to keep up with all those foals who

are running and playing. Cashmere so loved the babies.

I am just so sorry for you loss. She was a beautiful mare.

Hugs and Prayers to help through this

Vicky

Kay,

I read Tiny's story a few days ago and have been checking everyday to see if there was any updates. Thank you for sharing her story and I hope your heart is soothed remembering the goods times the two of you shared.

Sincerely

Brandi

Kay, I am so very sorry that your dear mare's ordeal has ended so sadly; it is so clear that you had given her your 'all' throughout her life, and how lucky she was to have spent the time she had here with such a loving and caring owner....

My heart is with you and your family. Now I hope to hear that it was NOT rabies, for all your sakes'--but that you do get answers from the veterinarians about what was the cause.

With deepest sympathy,

Margo

Kay and family, just wanted to say after reading your responses today...try not to worry. Everything will be ok.......even ''if'' it's rabies ....not saying it is BUT don't want you to worry about it.....I am here today before you to say I survived the series of rabies shots
default_yes.gif
: ....they are NOT like they were a hundred years ago.....you get rabies shots in the arm or but.....it doesn't hurt....and I'm a weenie about shots.

This will make ya smile....I tell all my friends...all I need is a coggins and I can ship anywhere (I get a yearly flu shot
default_wink.png
: )

Take care and don't worry...we are all praying for you.
default_yes.gif
:

I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry Kay. I know how you loved your Tiny from the start, and how she loved you in return. You made the right decision ending her pain, despite the pain it has caused you. I will be praying for you and your family as you grieve.

although i am new to the forum, i have been following this story. i'm sooo sorry and good thoughts and prayers are winging their way to you from west central illinois!

Kay I am so very sorry to hear about Tiny.........my heart goes out to you and yours.....
default_wub.png
:

Hi Kay. I just got home from a show and came on to check on Tiny. I'm so deeply sorry you lost your little friend. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Kay I'm so sorry for your loss, I haven't been on here in a while and I just read the post's and I am just speachless and very upset, the pictures really got to me however I am so glad you posted them. Just remember that whenever you need to talk you can always talk to your friends on here. And I pray that you get the test results today. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And may God be with your precious Tiny. ~Jessica

I am so very sorry for your loss. May your treasured memories help comfort you in this difficult time and may Tiny rest in peace, knowing you did everything humanly possible. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Kay, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby!

I pray the pain of your loss eases with the fond memories.

we are back from congress which was bittersweet for me. my eyes were really swollen from crying before we left which lead to some kind of infection so i spent congress with gross looking swollen eyes.

Just got the call from osu yesterday. Tiny's test came back negative for rabies, west nile, salmonella and potomac fever. They are just stumped. They keep asking me if someone could have poisoned her but I told them theres no way. I dont think we will ever know what happened to my sweet girl. I still wake up thinking shes stilll going to be at the gate waiting for me to pet her then I realize shes gone all over again
default_sad.png

Thanks to everyone for posting on here and supporting us thru this terrible time. You guys will never know how much it has meant to me. And thanks to everyones support at congress and everyone who came by to tell me how sorry they were they I lost Tiny. And to corey hatfield thank you so much for bailing me out by clipping jet. You are a lifesaver!

I also got a beautiful handwritten note and card from the staff at osu today that was very touching. I know i get frustrated with them but I also know they did their best to save her and knew how much she meant to me.

Thank you forum friends

i will echo the sentiments of everyone here. so sorry you are going through such an awful time. it's bad enough to lose a beloved animal but it seems to make it worse when the cause remains unknown.
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back