Tiny Timbers Horse Rescue...under investigation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
On the news today disturbing footage has come up concerning the rescue called Tiny Timbers Horse Rescue. They used to live in Pea Ridge, AR but now lives in SW Missouri. They use to just own mini horses and still do. At one point they had 200 horses, now their numbers are around 30. One was dead covered with a tarp and one the newscaster thought was dead but could closely see he was breathing. He was dying in freezing mud and their excuse was you can't get ahold of a vet on Sunday. But they did the decent thing to do by bringing him up from the pasture but instead of trying to get him comfortable they left him out to die in the mud. I don't know whats going to happen in the future, it looks like they may still have quite a few minis if CMHR wants to help. They obviously can't afford it, they mentioned how much it costs for roundbales these days. So just a heads up.

https://www.tinytimbersrescue.org/The_Minis.php

http://www.koamtv.com/story/16194032/horse-rescue-operation-denies-claims-of-abuse-#.Tt2D5BG_liI.facebook

How sad.
default_no.gif

It sounds like their hearts where in the right place at 1st, but now getting a little overwelmed.

Hopefully all goes well in the end for both owners and animals.

CMHR networks with other rescues and also works with authorities so I will bring this to the attention of the Board of Directors to see if we can be of assistance. Thanks for posting this.

I read your post but choose not to watch the video, these situations are so sad it really upsets me.
default_no.gif

Very sad-the pictures of their horses on their site are of them poorly fed and one they said they got as a foal so he didn't come to them that way. Wish I could take them all
default_sad.png
I hope all ends well for everyone and the horses. At the bottom of the article it said that police gave them 24 hours to properly dispose of the bodies to avoid action by them. I am thinking that means nothing will be done as long as the dead horses are taken care of?

Latest posts

Back