2 of my woodburns of recently passed horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christina_ski

Reaction score
Both died just a few days off each other, both from pretty much unknown causes. And both night they passed I stayed up into the wee hours trying to finish these to honor these special boys.

First is Poco Doc Campbell, or Charlie. My friends husbadn came home to just find him dead in his pen. Just looked like he layed down to take a nap and never woke up. They had all him all of his life, and he was her husbands baby. He was her main QH Stallion and up until last year her main barrel horse. He was an excellent sire, who put wonderfull temperments and athletic abilitys onto all his foals, and he won many top placings at local and national events in the barrels. He was much more then that, but I can't remember it all lol. I know they miss him everyday. They have seen pics of this, but have yet to see it in person. I can't wait to hear their reaction. He is buried next to his mom Ditz.

For Deni and Phillup Bruton (Kuelqhs) Charlie: 1997 - 2009

Charlie_Memorial1-273x361.jpg

And of Course, Storm. I can't wait to see his foals next year. I know he is watching over them. This will hang in my room as a reminder of my special boy.

Storm Sept. 22nd 2004 - June 1st 2009

Storm_WB.JPG

StormHead-324x339.jpg

(This isn't the pic it was made off, but its pretty close)

And one of Mercedes, also done the day Storm passed away. I was trying to keep my mind busy.

Mercedes_WB-256x342.jpg

MerJune-283x342.jpg

Thanks for letting me share
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Your wood burns are beautiful and very well done. I have done this before, a Samoyed for my tack box. It is very hard. This is a wonderful way to memorialize these great animals. Lovely just lovely!

do you do these for other people they are absolutely awesome!!
Yes, I do do them for other people. Most of the ones I have done have been for friends/family. The ones of Storm and Mercedes are the first 2 I have ever made just for me. I think the one of Storm is one of my best, I have lots more pics of ones I have done of my site if you would like to look.

Thanks for the complements
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back