Just want to say hi

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MInx

Reaction score
I just want to say hi and I'm still here. Don't post a lot and haven't signed up for Secret Santa or cards butt we will be traveling back to Florida to our little place there..(see pic)

Truthfully Carl and I are both in a bit of a funk lately, perhaps a depression. Giving up Shadow and SHammy really got us down and then for Shammy to die, well we just sort of fell of the forum for a while.

However that said we love you all and miss you and hope we can stick around and in touch. My email will be the same down there, and if you email me I'll send you my phone there..it will be strictly our cellphone so leave a message if it's not on..it will be charging.

We adopted another little guy Oct 17th..did I tell you that? Well you know we have Tonka our little Toy? Poodle boy rescue and now we have another boy Tanner..Tanner was 5 lbs but has gained to 6.3 and because of Tanner Tonka has decided to eat! and eat and eat! He's up to 9lbs and we have now started to be careful with their rations..

those tiny little bones can't afford to get too fat and you know when you get a sickly little guy that's been through SO much one tends to overfeed.(Course I NEVER overfed my horses LOL)

Tanner literally lived his first 7/8 yrs in a cage!
default_no.gif
(The mill didn't remember exactly which age) He was used for breeding and when he didn't fill the bill for that anymore they tossed him out!

He has a little bit of humpback from it, had a bad spot but has grown back in dark Apricot..his ears are that color so he's a cutie..also we had to have all but two of his teeth taken out and his jaws treated a long time for infections.

He's neutered now, and is such a sweet quiet good boy, has NEVER tried to hump anything or be obnoxious at all. I did make a lot of belly bands as he has a bit of trouble with his urine habits, i think due to his malformed/damaged back..vet isn't sure.

I made 15 fleece caots of different sizes and sent to the Happy Tales Rescue where I got Tanner. They are a small dog rescue and neeed to stay warm ow that Winter is here and they are in transport.

He gets around well and here's a picture of him enjoying the breeze on the Straits of Mackinaw where we live..notice the swans and seagulls behind him..

Tonka and Tanner are good brothers now, and I made tons of matching fleece coats for them with matching belly bands for Tanner. Mind you Tanner does fine without his band when we go out for walks, he can mark everything in sightLOL always has one more squirt LOL

default_biggrin.png

Well you all have a great Thanksgiving, and Marty I'll be watching the barn decorations etc , you bet!

We'll be leaving here Jan 1st so I'll be around until then.

Maxine

67525381815_0_ALB.jpg

Thought I'd try adding another picture. Also anyone living in Florida within a half day trip to Bradenton, that would like some company to pet a horse, let me know..

10749657715_0_ALB.jpg

Hi Maxine. Good to hear from you. Hope you and Carl enjoy FL. Congrats on your new addition!

Oh my goodness Sonja hello! Hope this finds you well also? Do miss my forum friends..hows the "airplane" business going, guess planes still flying so not much economic downturn there.

We'll be online in FLa too, I got a used laptop.So look for me here once in a while..

Maxine

Hi Maxine,

It's good to hear from you. I've missed your posts you need to stop in more often.

Your new little guy is sure a cutie.

Say hi to Carl!

Hi, Maxine!

It's wonderful to hear from you again!

You must know, that with all of Tanner's problems, most people would just pass him by (in fact, some people would probably think you nuts for taking him on!) I think you are wonderful for seeing the sweet, loving dog behind the problems, and giving him a chance to live the life he was meant for. God bless ya!

Oh Maxine, it is so good to see you but I had no idea your Shammy died. I am SO SO sorry, I know that must've broke your hearts. I do love the boys pics, nice guys both, be safe and well in Fla this winter, much love!
default_wub.png

It's wondeful that you can give little Tanner enough love and care to help make up for the awful years of neglect. They sure make a cute little team ! Have a safe trip to Florida and if you need a pit stop, I'm only 20 or so minutes from I75. In Michigan, if you get off at the Clio exit. There are seven "attention starved"
default_biggrin.png
mini's here that wouldn't mind a visit.
default_saludando.gif

Maxine-

We tallked once before when you were in Florida. I'd love for you to come visit - I have ony a few minis, but they love attention and will always take extra. I'll pm you my cell phone number - give me a call and come visit. I'm probably 20-30 minutes from you depending where your place is in Bradenton.

Barbie

PS: My Pom Foxey loves visitors too - she thinks everyone who comes here comes to see her.

Wow I was thinking about you the other day & POOF You posted. I love your little guys and they are very lucky to have you. I bet the weather is a tad nicer then here
default_saludando.gif

MAXINE, So good to hear from you both. I'm sorry you and Carl have been in a funk-just come on here and we will keep you going! Maybe some laughs to help the day along..

How are Jen and Nick? Will you see them for the holidays? I do wonder about them lots.

Your new baby Tanner looks so sweet, they both look cute together. I'm glad you got him and those 2 can keep you guys company.. Pets are the best-they just Love you no matter what....

I have just adopted a rescue from Chances, his name is Pal, so we are excited to get a buddy for my Giddy... I cant wait to hear when he is coming from Wisconsin to MO...

Dont be a stranger on here-we want to hear from you all.

Have fun in FL...

I like your new haircut too-its very becoming on you...

Missy
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back