tiny really needs your prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad to hear that, OSU is very good. They have saved several horses for us.

Kay, as for the IV treatment, in the 30 years I have been around horses and too many colics to count we never gave IVs unless the horse was dehydrated. Never done as a matter of course. Sounds like that second vet is a better fit for you, but when you have time, could you PM me with both names? I have a friend who works at OSU and has a very good idea of who is good and who to stay away from.......

Hey everybody, just talked to Kay and Tiny is out of the woods. There's still a possibility of infection but Tiny is staying in the Hospital till maybe Thurs. When they finally opened her up after trying all day to get her to pass manure, they found somekind of material that she had eaten. It stopped her up. But they opened her bowel and were able to remove it. If she doesn't get an infection, Tiny should be ok. They let Kay watch the operation, I would have loved to see that. Anyway, Kay is exhausted, it was a looooooong day and she's gonna hit the sack. She will post tomorrow morning. Keep the prayers going to her and Tiny, I know I will.

Ginny StP

What wonderful news!!!!!!!!! I will keep her in my prayers. Sure hope she keeps improving.

keep us posted on tinys progress!

So sorry for all you've been through. So glad you got her to OSU. They've saved several of our horses for us too. They let us watch the surgeries too.

--RachelJ

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks for letting us know Ginny.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=10pt]I am so glad she is doing better!!! :aktion033: [/SIZE]

I hope Kay feels up to "talking" to us soon..

You and Tiny are in my prayers tonight. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Jill/OH

Thanks for letting us know. I am so glad that Tiny is doing better. Keeping Kay and Tiny in our parayers and thoughts. Corinne

Glad to hear some good news! :aktion033: I hope Tiny has a normal recovery and is back to her usual self soon!

Oh Kay I wish for a speedy recovery for Tiny. Been there and done that.. it is so scary :new_shocked:

Prayers are with Tiny and you
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Big HUGS,

Jenny

THank goodness...sounds like she is in good hands now!!!
default_yes.gif
:

I'm so relieved -- Kay lost her "very special" filly that she had bought from Lowell Boone while she lived over here, then had multiple foaling tragedys last year, just couldn't let myself believe she might loose Tiny too. Thank God, sounds like it's going to be ok. Do you have any idea what the foreign matter she ate was Kay? Not that it matters, but Nila has a neighbor in Fairbury who had a halloween party for her school-aged kids last fall, and in the course of the evening everything on the place got "toilet papered". The foal in the lot by the yard apparantly ate tons of the stuff. I always thought toilet paper dissolved when wet. Not so---it always disolves in water. In stomach acid it DOES NOT DISSOLVE. Baby was packed with tp from front to back. Something to remember around Homecoming time and Halloween.

Hope by tomorrow all is well. (And STAYS that way).

Gin

Certainly glad to hear the goods news. Now the entire forum family will be looking to hear that Tiny is recovering and will heal quickly from the surgury. Prayers certainly do help.

Tiny will be in my prayer's. If Tiny makes it through you should consider a product called Cellarator it helps with colic. PM me if you would be interested.

Latest posts

Back