thought some may like to see the latest quilt top

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
I know Gini will...and some others....
default_smile.png

I collected fabrics for this top for months--all CW repro pieces. My husband is a CW fanatic--he knows everything about that time period, so when I mentioned the possibility of having a CW quilt--he was all ears. He picked the pattern from several I found on-line, and I picked the fabrics (I tried to keep it manly--no pink and no flowery pieces. There is a pink stripe on the back--but with brown and maroon.) We're taking it to the quilters next Saturday so he can see quilting pattern and thread color options. (I actually think he'd be perfectly happy letting me make those decisions--but I thought he should be there.
default_wink.png
)

The top took two hours to lay out the way I wanted it. Kennedy was here to help the first hour.

MarksCWquilttopdoneedit-1.jpg

MarksCW1-1.jpg

MarksCW2-1.jpg

MarksCW3-1.jpg

The back:

IMG_7583.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Beautiful Quilt ~ The TIME & EFFORT Shows
default_saludando.gif

Quilts are very special items and come with alot of special meaning in them ~ it's kinda nice for us as we will be living right by the National Quilt Museum area in Paducah Kentucky. WOW the town is taken over from ALL over the world when the quilters come to town
default_saludando.gif
and it is BEAUTIFUL to go and see ALL the quilts and stuff ~

Wish I had the ability to do it.. I have a deep appericiation for them.

Again Your Quilt is Beautiful
default_smile.png

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures

Hello Karla,

first that is Beautiful, and so glad to see you sharing this with us.

Did you get a chance to see Olivia on the Photo Gallery, she sure is growing.

Someday you will have these precious little children to fuss with... and make them one of

your gorgeous quilts. I will be looking forward to seeing them. How are your children doing?

take care drop me a line...

mary
default_wub.png

Carla!! It's wonderful!! You always inspire me! I remember when you showed us all your patterns you had picked out for this! It's beautiful, you do amazing work!

Leya

Thanks for sharing. It is beautiful!

Oh my gosh Karla......

You have done it again.......... this is one of my favorites you have done.....I love, love, love the pattern & the colors are extraordinary. How lovely & thoughtful you are letting hubby help pick the design & quilting for it..... it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
default_aktion033.gif

Valerie

Oh Karla! It's PERFECT!
default_wub.png

You balanced out the colors & patterns perfectly! This quilt is one of my favorites!

Karla

It is beautiful!!! I can hardly wait to see what he picks out for the quilting....
default_smile.png
I have 7 that I will be sending you pictures of. I'm corraling DH and my Son tomorrow to hold them up long enough for me to photograph. By the way the Tin Lizzie is doing wonderfully after I learned how to use it. LOL You know operator error here...

Absolutely Gorgeous! I LOVE quilts and handmade things. Thanks for sharing. You did a beautiful job!
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Thanks everyone.
default_smile.png
I've asked Mark for 10 years if he'd like me to make him a snuggly ragged flannel, but he always said there were plenty of blankets around, so he didn't need one.
default_rolleyes.gif
It was fun to finally find something that made him warm up to having a quilt.
default_wink.png

Gini, I asked on the QF about quilting on CW quilts, and they say the quilting went from very fancy to very simple. This one seems to call for simple. One woman mentioned "crosshatch" which I guess is small squares on a diagonal, but after two lines, there's a space before the next two lines? I'm not sure. I hope my quilter knows. Maybe you could ask around your quilter friends? I'd like to take a pattern to the quilter, just in case she's not familiar with the term. I'll be hunting for more info on-line.

Wait till you see the next one--a Black and White Splash.
default_laugh.png
After that will be a floral log cabin... and then my first Triple Irish Chain. Not enough time!!
default_wacko.png

GINI--you must post your quilts on the QF!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning . I am a quilt fanatic as well - just waiting on a quilt kit to arrive any day. When I was young, my grandmother always ahd a quilt on the go & the "quilting bees" were a real tradition.

it is beautiful & the color seleciton beautiful.

Latest posts

Back