antique quilt top

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
A very dear friend of mine gave me three quilt tops made by his mother, goodness only knows how long ago. She has since passed away. I thought I"d take the best of the three, quilt it, and give it back to him as a gift. It's very difficult to quilt thru. Goodness only knows what kind of fabric it is. The sides are on the bias so attaching the binding will be a challenge. But I will do what I can do. Here are some pictures. The quilting didn't show up very well so I laid my home made stencil on top so you could see the pattern. I'll post when I'm done.

I'm thinking when I have the label made it will say something like: handmade by **insert Bob's mom's name here** and quilted by **insert my name here**

What do you think?

p.s. the part I've quilted already is still a tad wet from removing the pen marks, so it looks funny.

Bob's quilt 001.JPG

Bob's quilt 002.JPG

Bob's quilt 003.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What a keepsake that will be!

I have a quilt that my grandmother, who died before I was born, pieced. For graduation in 1971, my mother had someone quilt it. It is one of my treasures. I think it is Around The World. Very simply quilted, not like the lovely, elaborate design you are using.

What do you use on your fingers to help with the pricking?

Back