This just made me furious

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, I think some people are missing the OP's point. Her point (please correct me if I am wrong) is that the celebrating by the handler should happen after the win is actually announced if there is a chance, however remote, that another horse may have won.

From what I read, some felt sorry for the 11th place horse not because it did not ribbon but because the celebrating by the winning handler occurred early.

I have not read (and maybe I missed it) where anyone said the horse/handler didn't deserve their win.

I've erased this post too many times to count. So here it goes. I can attest that Lee Crutchfield and his group are some of the most professional people (open and amateur) that I have met! Second, as a trainer/exhibitor, who is finally starting to place in the top ten at the national level I can see why the handler was celebrating. I did not see the class nor do I know who the exhibitor was, but I have been there.......To do it yourself, blood, sweat, and tears and to be still standing with 5, 4, 3, 2 left in the ring is an achievement. There have been more than one occasion where I felt that someone needed to close my mouth at a national level show due to my astonishment and excitement over a placing (this year included!). In fact, Mr. Crutchfield himself, had to close my gaping mouth over a driving class at an Area show not too long ago......

Regardless, this exhibitor is now feeling bad for his accomplishment and he shouldn't. I had my bubble popped fairly rapidly at Nationals this year myself, and it's a horrible roller coaster ride to say the least.

I'm not saying that early celebration was wrong or right. But it sounds as if the celebration wasn't over the win, but over the journey to get there. We've all walked the long walk back to the barn ribbonless. And yes, its not the most enjoyable walk either BUT to show at the national level at any national show is an achievement MANY do not get to experience. Just being there should be a celebration.

For heaven's sake Heather/Lee. I didn't say ANYTHING about the win not being deserved!

I SAID IT WAS IN POOR TASTE TO CELEBRATE PRIOR TO THE WIN BEING ANNOUNCED!!!

Where in the world do you get out of my post that the win wasn't deserved????? I am entitled to my opinion and I'm entitled to share it on this board. I don't give a crap who you are or how hard you worked, I STILL THINK IT WAS THE WRONG THING TO DO. You obviously think it was the right thing to do. To each his own. You two, of all people, should agree with that.

ETA: And I never said your character was flawed or anything else like that. Yes, there are TWO sides to every story and as I EVEN SAID in my original post, REGARDLESS of the facts behind the win, I think it was in poor taste. AND I think it reflected poorly on you. Again, I am entitled to that opinion.

Last edited:
As many of you know I do not post here very often. Dawn and I have been members of this board since it's inception, but if you notice I do have a lot of posts under my name.

The main reason is because I really do not want to get caught up with the emotional roller coaster that gets going more often than not.

Cheering during a show begins from the time the horse enters the arena. It is an exhilarating feeling for those that are being cheered or not during those entries. It is a wonderful and fun time for all the audience and would be extremely unfair to hamper that in anyway.

By the way, I can really relate to "poor number 11" as just being in the arena is being a winner regardless of the placing, either top ten or gate. You are a winner just being there.

I need to end this by saying, I was not disappointed at all about the placings but have had more disappointment from this thread and don't understand why the moderators let threads like this run it's course.

Oh and before I forget, I can speak with some authority as I am "poor number 11".

Tommy (back to not posting often)

I don't believe I said anywhere in my posts that you had implied that the win wasn't deserved. What is very clear is that several people feel that cheering is not in order or that it's not professional. Each to his own.

I agree whole heartedly with Txminipinto, we were celebrating the journey and the arrival.

It's a shame that this one particular class had to be singled out from the many in the show that were so similar. I try to applaud for every winner because I appreciate their efforts. Sometimes I'm distracted reading my program or chatting with someone and I miss one or two people. And no, I don't holler for everyone in every class - but I do holler for those I know even when I'm the only one hollering or applauding. I will continue to show my support.

Heather I quoted your post above - I am just not good with quotes.

I have tried my best to stay out of this thread because I do NOT SHOW!

I am so proud of you Heather, Lee, and Tommy for speaking up for this young man.

I do not know this young man - but you tell him HE DESERVED THAT WIN FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD AND TO ENJOY IT!

Tell him to PLEASE not let anything take that away from him!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back