This foaling Season

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
First Year on Forum at Foaling Season? :aktion033:

So Glad my Mini Friends told me about your site? :bgrin

Have learned a LOT.
default_yes.gif
:

How is it this year, for foaling? Just wondering if this is normal with minis?

My husband says, it is just because you are with more mini people, so seems more problems?

I have already had my share, and hope things change for my last 4 minis to foal?

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

PUTTING THE QUESTION OUT THERE, YOUR OPINION, ????????????

Other Years
default_wacko.png
:

Have there been so many aborting, dead births, colic, and lost foals & mares in the past?

I think your husband is right. We are condensed group here all on the same topic, so we are hearing more about the "good, the bad, the ugly" .... so to speak. :bgrin

I remember last year someone asked a similar question, and once all the stats were in of both live births and the losses, the numbers came up within the norm for minis.

MA

I lost a mare and foal in december. The baby was stuck and could not get ahold of any vet! It was very sad, i still miss the poor thing, she was my best mare, I cry everytime I think about it and it has been over 3 months! So if anyone will let me adopt a tennessee monashee child/offspring I certainly will take it! lol I hope everyone has a wonderful foaling season and we all have safe happy mares and foals!

I am so glad you joined the board Mary!
default_smile.png

As to your question, I think Mary Ann is right, someone asked that same thing last year. Everyone shares their experiences good and bad here, and with so many members there are bound to be lots of problems discussed. I know this board and it's members have been a continuing education and a wealth of information for us!
default_yes.gif
:

I have always thought that when foaling season starts it can become a very sad time on the forum, it seems like every day we read about angel foals or problems with foalings. But there are just as many successful live births , I think we just hear more in detail about the bad ones. But one thing, we sure do learn from both the good and the bad Corinne

[SIZE=14pt]I think that when foaling time comes, its a time for us to share our new babies, like proud parents
default_smile.png
and share the pain when we loss one
default_sad.png
. [/SIZE]

Sometimes we hear more about the losses, because I know in my case I loss a mare and 2 foals within 3 days, and it helped me to post it on here and know that other mini owners have went through it too. That I was not the only "mini mama" to have my heart break, that everyone that has bred minis or any animals have gone through the loss.

I know when the times comes I will be posting my new arrivals, like proud parents!!!

We are all bonded with our joys of new arrivals and our sadness of the ones we loss!!!

We are all a loving caring mini family here on the forum!!!

So keep posting the new babies!!!
default_smile.png
Spring time is here!!!! :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back