Your gas prices should soon be going down

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsnanny

Reaction score
It would seem that gas prices should soon be going down since our oil prices at least here in the Northeast are Up over 24cents a gallon in the last week. It is now the highest it has been in Maine in history. The price where I am in Central Maine hit the $3.00 mark yesterday and the budget plans are at $2.77 and we havent even had any real cold yet. I bought my first delivery 2 weeks ago and paid $2.69 and now its $3.00 I worry about our elderly as Im sure this might drive them from their homes and dont know how young incomes will be able to afford this this year a tank of oil will be $750.00 and that is if the price stays stable. Even here we are nervous and we usually have ample income but at that price and needing roughly 4 tanks to get us through we may close off part of the house to stay warm and our gas is $2.89 so no break there either yet but hopefully gas will go down now that they can gouge us on our oil. We are lucky because we can supplement with wood but rents in town will also be going up if heat is included in rent so many will be in trouble with these prices. The elderly are already choosing between food and medicine so add keeping warm to their worry. What are heating costs where you live????

Last edited by a moderator:
We paid $3 per gallon for heating oil. We got a discount for filling our 500 gallon tank, though, and ended up paying something close to $1400 to fill it. It was hard to choke down, but the savings will help and unless our tank leaks (forbid forbid), are set for the Winter and part of next Winter, too.

It is expensive to drive, and people need to take that into consideration as well as heating oil costs. I hope there are alternatives to help the elderly, too. We have firewood we give away to anyone that needs it if they can use that type of heat (the wind blows down so many trees, hubby and son cut it up and stack it but we burn very little).

Liz

We burn wood as well but I keep thinking of those on fixed incomes struggling to stay in their own homes. The fuel assistance programs dont help them because they have too much money but at these prices they wont have it long.

Nita......I just got my shipment of 100 gallons of oil about 30 minutes ago......can you say......
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think last year we were at $2.59 a gallon.......today it's up to $3.29. Man this stinks!!!! Looks like I'll be pulling out the flannels and heavy socks this year. We don't burn wood except on the fire pit outside on cold evenings we sit around with hot dogs and hot chocolate...but inside we don't have a wood stove or fireplace...so it;s oil heat all the way. I don't want to change to gas either.....

Last edited by a moderator:
well if all goes well with this new house it uses propane to heat. I think we will be closeing off the basement and move the dogs upstairs for now. IT will cost $1000 to fill the tank. Something that has to get done ASAP when we buy it as its at 5% or lower right now.

Right now propane in our area is $2.60. We are considering switching over to total electric because it will be cheaper for us to heat with electric than to fill our tank roughly 2-3 times over the winter.

OK....everyone sitting down???

Diesel just hit just over $2.00 A LITRE here- that's around $9.00 a gallon (sorry I haven't got my calculator handy!!)

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Wow I dont know how anyone could afford to go to work at $9.00 a gallon and I will repeat I am so worried about the elderly certainly will have some difficult choices especially in areas like ours where the heating season is from Oct through April and we really cant just put on more clothes Its to be in the 20's tonight so even if you could get enough clothes on the water would freeze so they got us.I also noticed today that wood prices are going up because it costs more to cut it and transport it. I wonder where it will end.

Car gas is going up here in the NW. I am glad I do not heat with propane, though we did at the old farm.

We are all electric....though I am tempted to get a wood stove because the dinky wee fireplace we have right now is a joke.

Here in Wisconsin the gas is going up and the oil is way way up, and we heat with oil, my hubby drives 80 miles round trip to work.

Latest posts

Back