Thinking of showing this foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alisha514

Reaction score
So I have decided to start really showing instead of breeding. Ive done showing but I would like to just concintrate on that. This is one of my foals from this yr and I really like her built and attitude. She has straight legs and she seems so upright. With the way the horses are going right now do you think she has the look to compete in the show ring in halter? Not saying a winner but does she have the look to do pretty good in the ring? She seems to have the long neck they want in the ring. She should mature no taller then 32" as her mom is 30" and her sire is 29" but she is kinda on the tall side with those long legs.

Here is a pic I took after her bath. About as good as I could get to set her up as she hasnt had much work at all.

dancer4.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Alisha

You really need to take the photos on concrete where we can see her feet and legs. Also, if the photo were bigger it would help. It would be nice to have a head shot too.
default_wink.png

For right now - I see a butt high foal, which means it is in a growing stage. It is hard to tell more as the picture is dark, the horse is not set up too well and its white is making her back left leg much longer than necessary.

BUT - with that said, if you put it on a good diet and let the foal grow up a bit more - you will have a better idea. The good diet suggestion is only intended to help if you are going to show the foal. Foals have a tendency to go through some very rough patches if they are not kept on a steady, good diet.

From what I see you have possibilities.

Latest posts

Back