Therapy Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilfoot

Reaction score
Has anyone customized their cart or wagon to accommodate

those with special needs? I've had an inquiry about using minis

for therapeutic driving & we wondered about seating requirements.

Some might need more back, arm & neck support and regular

bench seats won't be suitable.

Please post pics if you have.

Thanks!

There was someone back about 6 years ago that had a special wheel chair cart. They were on the east coast and drove their gelding in youth classes. I do not remember their name or where they had the cart made. Sorry I don't have better info. I just know it has been done before and very successfully.

We sold a driving horse to a couple who are both in wheel chairs and she sent me pictures of the cart they had made to hold one wheel chair but she's in the cart so don't want to post her face. lf you like you can email l'll put you in touch with her and she can sent you pictures there very neat she's also very active in the special olympics for the handicapped...they both love the freedom of driving the minis.

Sandy I have seen and know of 2 people in the full sized horse Pleasure Driving world both of which are wheelchair bound and have carts specially made to accomodate their disability. One has a cart the wheelchair fits right into and gets strapped down and the other has a cart that has been made so that she can slide off her chair and onto a step with handles so she can pull herself up into the seat which is specially made to support her. Gives her total independance. I can get you contact information for them if you would like. Email me if you want.

This is the cart that has the special step built into it.

RockyTriC.jpg

You would never know unless you were told that this lady is in a wheelchair. Gives me hope I can drive till I die!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Try contacting Bob Graham at Graham Carriage Works. He designs carts special made for handicap solutions.

Here is his contact info:

Bob Graham @ GRAHAM CARRIAGE WORKS

PHONE: 503-656-0102

EMAIL: [email protected]

Or click here for their website: GRAHAM CARRIAGE WORKS WEBSITE

Hope this helps.
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back