Therapy Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kira98

Reaction score
I have been tossing around the idea of maybe getting into doing the therapy work with one of my minis

can anybody tell me were to look for information in my area

and your thoughts good and bad on the subject

thanks in advance

If LOAL (Love On A Leash) wasn't currently having insurance for minis problems I'd be pointing in their direction.

Hopefully they'll be having things squared up soon.

Our boy Saber is registered through LOAL however is privately insured at this time.

You may want to look into the Delta Society.

[SIZE=8pt]I don't know of any therapy groups around here, but you don't need to belong to one officially to use your horses that way. You can visit nursing homes, Head Start, or other places as a private individual. The last nursing home I visited with my horse, they told me they had insurance to cover me. I doubt schools have any. But if you know your horse, you can take a calculated risk. The hroses I have taken are all very good in public. One is a nipper, though, and I warn children about him and show them his teeth. [/SIZE]

dansteeth.jpg

I don't take him around old folks that have just had lunch!

Old folks are easier, but you have to watch out for fragile feet, and equipment. Children's Hospital is so far away I haven't bothered to ask. I know they do have animals come in there. I think they would let you bring your little horse gladly, even though he is not officially a therapy animal.

Back