Therapy Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyboyzaStar

Reaction score
Someplace we visit at one time or another... INSAN
Hello everyone!

I was wondering how I can go about getting my Miniature therapy certified. I live in Arizona and I can't find anything online that is really helping me! Do any of you guys have therapy horses or know a way to go about getting their certification?

Thanks a lot!

I have a friend who has several certified pets. Let me see about getting you in touch with her. She doesn't live in AZ, but I'm sure she could give you a good guideline.

Well, sadly she did not want any information given out. She did tell me to check out this site to find places in your area that may be able to help you out. Therapy programs

Her miniature is certified through Love on a Leash . However, I was told that they do not insure minis as therapy pets so you would have to do that your self. Maybe the link posted above will help. Good luck!

Try Delta Society (I haven't read through all the posts)... my mare was certified through them and did very well as a therapy horse. Halter obstacle training is a plus in the testing the observer may have you do - my first test was with a canine handler who did not understand horses but we had her impressed by the end of our tests.

Best wishes!

Denise

Also, Delta Society will provide insurance... but contact them for the details.

Denise

Latest posts

Back