The sire of my filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadows Fire

Reaction score
I know that I can't post a picture of him here but I have a link to his pedigree. I don't know the dams pedigree but she was registered. What do you know of his breeding? Being new to the miniature horses I don't know much about pedigrees. Oh the papers I saw were the temporary ones, and a height certificate. I don't know if that means she is able to be registered.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/sacred+ground+winter+wind

Komokos, Bond, and Soats-wonderful foundation bloodlines. Komokos Peppermint was the dam of a stallion I used to own, Brewers Dark Magic. He was used by the Brewers on their Rowdy daughters and he has daughters at some top farms. Love Bond Commodore. If you go to google images and type in his name (put parantheses around it so then it'll only search for the exact words Bond Commodore) pictures of him will come up. Komokos Whiskey should come up too. He was used extensively by Komoko ranch and is in the lines of all of their horses that went on to make names for themselves.

My stallion, Brewers Dark Magic was 100% Komokos and he gave me some great foals, all of which had very lovely heads.

I don't like to see Bond Tiny Tim on a pedigree, (he was a very obvious dwarf) and there is a LOT of inbreeding and line breeding with "Whiskey" going on back there too. Just somthing to consider in a breeding animal. Do you know of any siblings, or close relatives you can go and look at? My personal opinion...I would be careful about breeding this mare, VERY careful, if that is your plan. Check your chosen stallion's bloodlines, and look long and hard at him and his family as well.

Although there is no test for dwarfism, one can help by being extraordinarily careful, or just not breeding at all.

Tiny Tim was definitely a dwarf, but it's going to be hard to find any minis without any lines going to a horse that didn't produce a dwarf or didn't produce a foal who later produced a dwarf. They are in lines everywhere. I calculated it and there is a 6% chance that the horse that Shadowsfire has obtained the dwarf gene down the line through Tiny Tim. Komokos did a lot of line/inbreeding with Komokos Whiskey, but once again, he is in the bloodlines of almost all of the farms 'greats'.

Here are some pictures of Brewers Dark Magic so you can kind of see the conformation of the line. He was a grandson of Komokos Whiskey and 2x great grandson. Also a grandson to Komokos Little Husseler and Komokos Teenie Jeanie, son of Komokos Peppermint. You can't see in the pics, but he had a great neck and nice flat topline. Also, he was 29" and was not stocky at all unlike most stallions of his size bred back in the early 1980's.

18 years of age:

Magic_1.jpg

21 years of age:

Magic04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back