The results are back.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
I have been wondering and wondering for the longest time if my stallion was a pinto or not. He's black with 2 back white legs and then 2 front socks (one is very feathery which made me think he might be homozygous). I was REALLY REALLY hoping it'd come back that he was a pinto and crossing my fingers for homozygous pinto like his loud pinto brother but he is just heterozygous. I'm still very happy though! I like my pintos and especially like my black and white pintos.
wub.gif
His loud chestnut tovero filly made me think he wasn't homozygous and possibly wasn't pinto
sad.gif
as she was colored just like mom-if Viking was pinto then she would have been homozygous herself and I didn't think she was. So I just had to check and see-relieve my curiousity! Here are some pictures of him

Viking-body2.jpg

<p>
Viking-head.jpg

<p>
Viking-fbody.jpg

<p> and here is his 2005 filly-his first foal!!

<p>
Shasta3.jpg

She's definitely a keeper! Hopefully I'll get to show both her and Viking next year!

He is very handsome! And his filly is divine!

Fran

I remember this thread and I thought he was pinto too with those socks however, it was just a guess on my part. I have also seen some flashy chestnuts with lots of chrome that could have fooled someone.
smile.gif

You can send hair samples to UC Davis and find out if he/they are homozygous for pinto ot black. Since his filly is chestnut, he is not homozygous for black, but he might be for pinto.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can send hair samples to UC Davis and find out if he/they are homozygous for pinto ot black. Since his filly is chestnus, he is not homozygous for black, but he might be for pinto.
haha sorry if I didn't make that clear!! I actually did send hair samples in to UC davis to check if he was pinto/homozygous and that's what my post was about. I like to ramble on about things even when they have nothing to do with what I'm talking about!!
yes.gif
I say i'm just outgoing but my parents might say something else
biggrin.gif
So i'm very sorry if some of you were confused!!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh ya...almost forgot...Im almost positive he is not homozygous for black and you can see by his filly, she is red! I was hoping the filly would have been black based as I would very much have liked a homozygous black pinto! I like black based horses but still love those reds!

Latest posts

Back