The Reason For Karo's Make-Over Last Week!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
So there was a good reason for Karo to get a bath and clip job last Friday............

My Mother works for a gay based real estate office. Every year the owner/broker of the company sets up a booth at Albuquerque's Annual Gay Pride Day. My Mom said I should bring a horse, just for fun.

After figuring out who I should bring, I finally decided on Karo. She's only a year old and never been anywhere but the vets office, but she's also been messed with the most because of all her vet problems. She also doesn't have a problem being alone without other horses. So I decided to take her, knowing that if she was a fruit loop I'd just bring her right back home.

So Saturday, I had my Dad watch my mare I'm waiting on to foal and at 6 AM I loaded Karo into the trailer for the drive to the fairgrounds.

When we got there she was calm as could be, though no one was there yet.

Right off the trailer, before getting dressed.......

60689karopridepic.jpg

I tied her to a lamp post with her hay bag and started dressing her. She of course got glittery nail polish. Spray glitter all over her body, which didn't show up in the pictures, and glitter gel in her mane and tail. And lots of rainbow ribbons and flowers!!!

60689kdressed.jpg

Then my Mom and I decided to take her to see the waterfall display. She didn't even flinch about walking and standing on the bridge with water running underneath her. People started showing up and of course just loved her.

60689karowater.jpg

60689karowaterfall.jpg

I didn't get many pictures once people got there, there was just too much going on!!! But Karo must have had her picture taken with almost 1,000 people. There were so many people there you had to weave in and out of people to get to the bathroom. It was like a giant rave!

We had 2 huge bands on either side of our booth and the music and bass were so loud it was making the ground vibrate. Karo had to dance for a few minutes at first and then was fine.

I couldn't be more proud of my sweet girl. Absolutely nothing phased her at all!!! The helium tanks were screaming. There were balloons everywhere including being shoved in her face by kids. Balloons were popping every few seconds, she never flinched. There were kids over her, under her, hanging on her. Parents shoved their strollers under Karo's belly, she never made a wrong move. She loved every minute of it, just couldn't get enough of people petting her.

She even gave her famous kisses to anyone that wanted one. People got a kick out of it. Even had a few people ask for her number
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Karo giving me one of her kisses...........

60689kkiss.jpg

I haven't had sooo much fun in a very long time. People were just open and being themselves and having a ball. I wish I could have gotten a few more pictures, there of course were some very interesting people there
default_yes.gif
:

She got dubbed the Pride Pony and was asked to come back again next year.

Karo finally got tired at 4 PM. She's used to taking naps, and hadn't had one, and she was falling asleep on my lap.

Leaving was the only problem she gave me. Walking across the street to the trailer, we got swarmed by people, some very drunk. She had a little panic and refused to move, so we blindfolded her and then she was fine.

Here are a couple pictures of her with my Mom and some guys from the office.

60689kmlj.jpg

60689kcenturycrew.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!!! :bgrin

Lindsay, look how lovely you and Karo are! I am so proud of you both! You feel very happy and Karo is one lovely little girl! I'm so glad you shared this wonderful day with us! You have every right to be very proud of Karo and of YOU!!! :aktion033:

What a great day you all had! Karo is quite the party girl, and I can just imagine her soaking up all of the attention, thinking it only natural.

One more example of "what they are good for." It always amazes me that something that might freak out some big horses and other animals is just a walk in the park for minis.

Thanks for sharing!

Wow, she looks beautiful and congratulations for finding her an excellent showcase.

What a gorgeous little mare and thanks for sharing your experience.
default_smile.png

Liz M.

You did a good job getting her all glitzied up! Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks Everyone!!! :aktion033:

There was a big parade before hand but I didn't take Karo in that, as there are always protesters and it can be dangerous even with all the cops present.

I forgot to mention, I was so shocked some parts of the day. A lot of people still don't know what a Miniature Horse is. I had people coming up to me saying, "what is that? it's some kind of horse right?". And of course the usual, what kind of pony is it, which I don't mind explaining the difference.

And alot of people asked me how I knew Karo was gay, and whether or not I was too.........which I replied, "No I'm not, I'm just human, as for her I don't know, but I do have a couple of questionable ones at home." Which always got a good chuckle! :bgrin

Good thing I grew up in those kinds of situations or I would have been way out of my element. All in all it was just way way way too much fun!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Okay, that is just DARLING!!
default_wub.png
: First of all, good on her for behaving so well and you for taking her. Second, she is an absolutely beautiful miniature horse. Third, she looks so cute dolled up! And fourth, the pictures themselves are wonderful. I can't find a single element of this post that I am not impressed by. :aktion033: Thanks for sharing!

Leia

Now that is just too darn CUTE!!!!! She looks like a "My Pretty Pony" doll...I love, love ,LOVE the cute little flowers on her feet and the ribbons in her hair!! What fun you guys must've had...and Karo is a doll baby!

What fun and what great pictures! :aktion033: :aktion033: Thank you for sharing!!

- Beth

What a beautiful mare - in fantastic condition. Thanks for sharing your fun pictures with us!!!!!!!

Thank you all soooo much for your compliments! I will be sure to pass them along to Karo!
default_yes.gif
:

I now have plans to take her to my Grandmother's for Halloween. My Grandmother lives in a very underprivelaged neighborhood and gets well over 200 trick or treaters, so I know the kids will love it!

In the meantime, gotta find something else for Karo to do..........hmmm, maybe the 4th of July parade. :bgrin

What a gorgeous filly - and her decorations are beautiful!! Looks like a whole lot of fun! Would have loved to have been there.

If you get tired of that filly just send her over to Central Kentucky - I am sure I could find a stall for her.

JJay

Latest posts

Back