The old guy with his mares ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra

Reaction score
I took this photo this afternoon, this is North Stars Valdez Y Basan, age 21, with his little herd of mares. I think he looks gorgous, but I might be biased!

30679_401823166882_125179066882_4749003_5898217_n.jpg

That is just the sort of scene I love to see! I think he's gorgous too
default_wub.png

Anna

The setting is beautiful too, but my eye went right to Valdez. He's the definition of aging with distinction.

Yup..He sure looks to be the big Ka-Hoona of your little herd. He's stunning!

Kendra, what mountain range is that in the back ground...beautiful area!

He is a special boy!

Thanks everyone! Valdez really is a special guy, with a temperament that is second to none. We're very lucky to still have him, he's been a part of our family for 19 years, and it's been 10 years since we nearly lost him to a spinal cord injury. I'm hoping to be able to get some 'glamour' pictures of him this summer.

Ribbie - those are the Canadian Rockies! We're northwest of Calgary, Alberta.

He's as handsome as ever and wow it's hard to believe how fast the years have come and gone..l hope he makes an appearance next year as a geriatric horse...Relic's coming though l've heard l also need to start now on getting him fit again so he can at least enter a roadster and jumping class because a certain someone thinks reliving the good old days of her past will make for some new memories to hang onto
default_biggrin.png

He is beautiful - cherish that photo, it is pix like that that are so wonderful to look back on and remember why we got into miniatures in the first place.

Stac

He's as handsome as ever and wow it's hard to believe how fast the years have come and gone..l hope he makes an appearance next year as a geriatric horse...Relic's coming though l've heard l also need to start now on getting him fit again so he can at least enter a roadster and jumping class because a certain someone thinks reliving the good old days of her past will make for some new memories to hang onto
default_biggrin.png
Oh, would be great to see Relic again! Hey, random thought - do you guys still have Clunker?

There has been some discussion of bringing Valdez along to the club show this summer - I have just a little bit more convincing to do!
default_wink.png
I don't think we'll drive him though - he's not 100% sound after his accident though you'd never know it to see him in the pasture!

Valdez today:

28279_402443266882_125179066882_4765622_329173_n.jpg

Wow, that looks like a slice of horsie heaven!! How lucky he is to be able to live with his mares and foals and in such a nice setting too.
default_wub.png

Leia

Latest posts

Back