The new barn is finished

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenaroo

Reaction score
Wilbur, Hay Dude and Champy moved into the new barn couple of weeks ago. I'm still doing some finishing touches on the stalls. Gosh, building those stalls was hard work. I used rough sawn oak and those darn boards are heavy! I've never built stalls before. They're not real fancy, but they are safe and secure. I'm so glad to have this ready before winter sets in.

Anyhow, here are a few pictures.

Stalls.jpg

This is looking down the aisle through my temporary handy dandy cattle panel gate that separates the horse side of the barn from the work shop/storage area. I have interlocking rubber mats in the stalls as well as the aisle on the horse side of the barn.

Stalls2.jpg

Here's another view of the two stalls on the left which are identical to the stalls on the right.

Barn_fence.jpg

This is the new fencing and dry lot area. I know most people wouldn't have used chain link fencing, but it ties into the fencing around the dogs' yard in the background and I wanted to be sure none of the dogs could stick their heads through it. Beyond that they have a couple of acres for grazing which is contained with farm fence.

Barn_entrance.jpg

This is the "people entrance" which is inaccessible to the horses.

StallWilbur.jpg

This is a happy little guy!

It looks great. Now.....correct me if I'm wrong, BUT.....you have three horses and FOUR stalls??????? Hmm
smile.gif

Love it! So warm and comfy looking. Lucky horses. Like the picture with the chair. I'd be out there sitting a lot:) Maxine

Good job looks very nice and that horsey looks pretty happy.
laugh.gif
We used to have miles of chain link but didn't run a hot wire so it always was full of what l called butt tits never touched it in summer only winter months when they were bored..

It looks great. Now.....correct me if I'm wrong, BUT.....you have three horses and FOUR stalls??????? Hmm
Well, you never know.... I call it my "just in case stall"
wink.gif

It's perfect. And just in time to provide a cozy house for winter too. I know how hard you worked but oh, what a pay off! After you're done healing up your blisters you'll just be able to stand back and smile at what you have accomplished. It's really pretty and I love the way you have your boards with spaces inbetween them too for ventilation.

Can I get you to take a close up picture of you interlocking mats and tell us about them? I found that the best price on those are at Sam's.

I have some in my isleway that keep pulling apart so I finally duck taped them together. But how are they working for you in the stalls?

Wow...congrats on a job well done!!! Looks like alot of work indeed and the stalls look wonderful!! Your little guy sure looks pleased! What a cutie!!! I'd have a "just in case" stall too...you jst never know!
yes.gif
laugh.gif

The trouble with another stall is I'd fill it. Then I'd need another built, just in case.... Well, I cut back to 17 but I don't see me quitting!!!
rolleyes.gif

Can I get you to take a close up picture of you interlocking mats and tell us about them? I found that the best price on those are at Sam's.
I have some in my isleway that keep pulling apart so I finally duck taped them together. But how are they working for you in the stalls?
Here's a close up picture I took in the aisle of four sections interlocked. If you look real hard you can see how they fit together kind of like a jigsaw puzzle. They were easy to put together and all the seams fit real tight. They don't come apart at all. I just love em!

Mats.jpg

I couldn't find any locally that I liked. So I bought these online at Flex-Mats Inc. a month before the barn was built when they were running a special. Here's exactly what I bought. Since I have four 10' x 10' stalls and the aisle is 10' x 20' I bought 6 10x10 kits. It fit all the stalls and aisles perfectly.

Back