The low down on Factcheck

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Heart

Reaction score
Well I think that we all have been fooled. JMHO

I checked out Factchecker and this is what I found...I even checked out the whois...

There is a disturbing link between Barack Obama, FactCheck.org, and William Ayers. National Review reports that William Ayers and Barack Obama both served as co-chairs of the Chicago Annenburg Challenge. Obama called for an $3.5 million dollar earmark for the Annenburg Foundation that sponsors FactCheck.org. Several FactCheck articles have been viewed as promoting the Obama campaign line instead of truly acting as a fact checkers. Controlling the ‘facts’ is a hallmark of a totalitarian regime, and this is a truly unsettling connection.

So who do you fact check now....?

Edited to add....

Next time somebody quotes FactCheck.org, it must be pointed out that it’s an Obama propaganda outlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
McCain Trumpets Endorsement From Figure Of Foundation That Established Ayers Board

On Wednesday morning, John McCain's campaign released a list of 100 former ambassadors endorsing the GOP presidential nominee.

Second on the list, though her name is misspelled, is Leonore Annenberg, currently the president and chairman of the Annenberg Foundation and widow of ambassador and philanthropist Walter Annenberg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/08/m...m_n_132954.html

A Republican, she also donated the max of $2300 TO McCAIN'S CAMPAIGN IN MAY 2008.

According to Opensecrets.com, she has donated to Republican candidates over 100 times in the past few elections cycles. Her campaign contributions have gone to George W Bush, Fred Thompson, Arlen Spector, Rick Santorum, Jon Kyle, Elizabeth Dole, Bob Dole, Richard Shelby, John Warner,David Dreier, Olympia Snowe, Jon Fox and Christine Todd Whitman.

http://cranegirl.newsvine.com/_news/2008/1...huge-gop-donor-

McCain Trumpets Endorsement From Figure Of Foundation That Established Ayers BoardOn Wednesday morning, John McCain's campaign released a list of 100 former ambassadors endorsing the GOP presidential nominee.

Second on the list, though her name is misspelled, is Leonore Annenberg, currently the president and chairman of the Annenberg Foundation and widow of ambassador and philanthropist Walter Annenberg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/08/m...m_n_132954.html

A Republican, she also donated the max of $2300 TO McCAIN'S CAMPAIGN IN MAY 2008.

According to Opensecrets.com, she has donated to Republican candidates over 100 times in the past few elections cycles. Her campaign contributions have gone to George W Bush, Fred Thompson, Arlen Spector, Rick Santorum, Jon Kyle, Elizabeth Dole, Bob Dole, Richard Shelby, John Warner,David Dreier, Olympia Snowe, Jon Fox and Christine Todd Whitman.

http://cranegirl.newsvine.com/_news/2008/1...huge-gop-donor-
Am I missing something? What does the above have to do with Factcheck????

Am I missing something? What does the above have to do with Factcheck????
You obviously have not taken the time to read the links. If you read you will see that Annenberg backs McCain/Palin ticket. Southern Heart is saying not to take factchecker as being factual as she is trying to link it to Obama and that Obama (republicans) have control of this site. Another myth debunked.

Next time somebody quotes FactCheck.org, it must be pointed out that it’s an Obama propaganda outlet.
Must it? Oh yes, it's an Obama propaganda outfit that notes every time he is wrong or has stretched the truth or accused McCain falsely, or flip-slopped or misspoken ... as the website clearly shows you. They are truly non-partisan... there is no "connection" with Ayers beyond a very microscopic one through the vast Annenberg Foundation... many of us may also have connections through there as the Foundation benefits a wide variety of education and communication projects.

There is a disturbing link between Barack Obama, FactCheck.org, and William Ayers. National Review reports that William Ayers and Barack Obama both served as co-chairs of the Chicago Annenburg Challenge. Obama called for an $3.5 million dollar earmark for the Annenburg Foundation that sponsors FactCheck.org. Several FactCheck articles have been viewed as promoting the Obama campaign line instead of truly acting as a fact checkers. Controlling the facts is a hallmark of a totalitarian regime, and this is a truly unsettling connection.
Those do not seem to be your words - are they from the National Review or where?

Southern Heart... if you look at factcheck.org - you will see that BOTH candidates are investigated. Shown to be wrong, twisting the truth, flip-flopping, or also shown to be right on the money about many things and absolutely correct. Does that mean they are thus promoting the McCain campaign when they note that McCain was right about something? As they have? Many times? Nothing about those facts is "controlled"...

Which "several articles" out of the hundreds on that site did the very partisan National Review see as promotion? They must have provided examples to back their claims up with. And did they feel the same way about articles noting that McCain had something right?

I have to ask - have you even looked at the articles on factcheck.org? There is no favouritism there - no propaganda - I have used factcheck many times on another forum to show where things some have accused McCain of were false. Many times.

The Annenburg Foundation was started by Walter Annenberg - a noted Republican - and still has Republican connections. Look it up.

http://www.annenbergfoundation.org/

They are a vast foundation that awards grants etc. to a wide variety of groups.

Look on their website - they have set aside a special section releasing info about the Chicago Annenberg Challenge education reform group that Ayers, Obama and assorted others (even Republicans) were on. You can read about it there...

As far as factcheck is concerned - they are very upfront about everything... and have nothing to hide. If you actually factcheck them - that is obvious. http://www.factcheck.org The Annenberg Foundation logo is displayed on their website as a source of funding. Nothing to hide.

We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.
The Annenberg Political Fact Check is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg in 1994 to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels.

The APPC accepts NO funding from business corporations, labor unions, political parties, lobbying organizations or individuals. It is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation.

LOOK at factcheck. LOOK at the articles. LOOK at how they go after BOTH candidates... or note when BOTH are right.

Is a factcheck-style website only "good" when all they do is praise McCain? Then they must all be propaganda as you put it - becasue all the non-partisan ones treat both candidates the same.... as they should.

All the squabbling was so noticeably missing this morning I was beginning to think everybody went on vacation.
default_wink.png

BIG surprise (NOT!)
angry.gif

There's a huge disservice being done to the public by the mainstream and internet media. By the time "they" realize it, it will probably be too late
default_no.gif

BIG surprise (NOT!)
There's a huge disservice being done to the public by the mainstream and internet media. By the time "they" realize it, it will probably be too late
Only Jill.... the so-called propoganda connections to factcheck... are FALSE.

I'll go off in search of a true propaganda website for y'all to enjoy... we all know they are out there - but factcheck, politifact, snopes, or truthorfiction are not promotional or propaganda in any way.

And those are the facts - as demonstrated by checking out the actual site and not just relying on what you are told... they actually are fair and balanced. Both sides get called out as need be. And there is a lot of "need be".

When someone wants something to be true so badly it becomes acceptable for them to ignore the facts they don't like, Tag.
Oh yeah. I really am not one to think for herself, am I
ok.gif

Maybe propaganda wasn't the best word to say.

But.... beleive what you want, Folks. When it comes to factcheck (If you do a search on factcheck and yes I have) you can't find anything about all 3 connected.

I find that odd that everyone else can put them all together. Seems like they won't give up info about themselves or who they are connected to. All these people can't be wrong, but oh ya Factcheck has all Facts ... Please

I Voted this morning....for McCain
default_saludando.gif

Southern Heart, they just thought they could pull it off and kept urging us to use fact check to check things out as truth. Good for you for exposing it. Now we know fact check is not inbiased either.

Jill isn't it funny how only the Democrats actually CHECK out all the true facts and anything we say is automatically considered all one sided because it doesn't agree with their opinion?
default_wacko.png

Bonnie,

Makes me laugh
default_laugh.png
As to the Democrats on here that must have been burning up the internet looking for facts on what I posted. Well it kept them busy for a while.
default_laugh.png

But.... beleive what you want, Folks. When it comes to factcheck (If you do a search on factcheck and yes I have) you can't find anything about all 3 connected.I find that odd that everyone else can put them all together. Seems like they won't give up info about themselves or who they are connected to. All these people can't be wrong, but oh ya Factcheck has all Facts ... Please
I'll believe and present the FACTS, thanks. Not just "what I want" as so many do in these threads. Sorry if I sound a bit frustrated - but I am.

The ONLY connection between the three is the vast Annenberg Foundation. LOOK. IT. UP. They even have a section about the Chicago Annenberg Challenge group.

And who is "everyone else" who puts them "together"? The connection through the Foundation is very tenuous and remote... and even in that vaporous state has been there from Day One - and suddenly this is news?

factcheck has also received funding from the Annenberg (REPUBLICAN BASED AND BACKED) Foundation. So have many other communication and education groups - you better get on the phone and start telling the world about how all those groups are associated with Ayers and Obama and terrorists and need to be vilified and have their funding pulled and what not...

If you actully "check" and read factcheck the balance is OBVIOUS. Any right wing pundit trying to paint them as tainted is only shooting themselves in the foot while they are shooting off their mouth... as factcheck has done just as much to help out the right as the left. They also cite sources across the political spectrum. I am likely the biggest cynic and skeptic you will ever find - and even I see the balance there.

If you cannot see that that you must really be trying hard not to - as it does not fit what you want to believe - and for that I have no solution.
default_no.gif

Makes me laugh
default_laugh.png
As to the Democrats on here that must have been burning up the internet looking for facts on what I posted. Well it kept them busy for a while.
default_laugh.png
And it is THAT ^^^ kind of smug and smirking repartee that dooms these threads. Some of you do not want to discuss - only point fingers and make accusations. No discussion - no rebuttal - no other opinions allowed.

You did not find out - or get the lowdown - on anything here. And yet the high-fives and mirth.

You posted without a link... without a source. Without even checking out that which you were stating as fact.

Thank goodness you have some of us to pick up the slack for you. And you find it a joke that others DO seek to check things out? Wow.

Here, Southern Heart - I found that "missing link" for you.

The quote you mentioned and did not supply a link to comes from here....

http://mccain.blogsforvictory.com/2008/10/...urg-foundation/

"Everyone else" who has made this connection are a few who have quoted this blogger. This is a blog - not even a coloumn in the National Review (where a search shows they have not made any such "connection" and actually gave factcheck kudos for some reporting) or a report on FoxNews... just a blog. So just someone else's opinion - trying to make a tenuous connection and thus get quoted - that is how the blogosphere works - you try to get hits and get noticed.

No doubt the website mccain.blogsforvictory.com is completely non-partisan. Not.

I am not a Democrat by the way.

If I could vote I would be an Independent - and not swayed by either side. And thus "facts" are what is important to me - from non-partisan sources. So no Obama site... no McCain aite - and certainly no mccain.blogsforvictory.com.

Facts should be important to others - not just what you want to hear. This is the ONLY political forum I take part in where some have no use for the truth behind the spin...
default_no.gif
... and sometimes think the spin is the truth.

Latest posts

Back