The loss of one of Lil Beginnings most loved horses.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry (((((Liz))))). Godspeed, good pony.
default_bye-sad.gif

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Gramma Pony.
default_sad.png
She sounds like a wonderful girl. I'm fairly new here and did not know many of her stories but it shows she was well loved and will be missed. A very special soul.

For you Liz

She wanted to stay

She loved you so

But God called her

And she had to go.

So up she arose

And out of her pain

No time for goodbyes

She was going home again

It was her time

Her sickness too great

To the Bridge she went

And up to the Gate

There to meet her

And help her cross over

Was her grandson Kyan

To the land of clover

Away they ran

Manes flying and free

Over the Rainbow bridge

To the the fields of green

Her pain is gone now

But yours still remains

Her kisses you'll miss

Till you meet again

Behave you young ones!

Who have all gone before

Grandma Pony has come

And is home once more

Robin

Ah Liz, you were my first thought this morning....lovely prose Robin.

Hugs to you Liz. She was very special.

Kim

Liz, my heart is with you today. You gave your dear old girl release; she now waits for you at the Bridge, free of pain and care.

Margo

so sorry Liz for the loss og Gramma pony she was a wonderful little horse. She gave 110%

Lyn

Your thoughts mean much to me. It's pretty clear to me that she had said goodbye to her family in the days previous. They were not a bit surprised when she fell under the weight of the drug the vet gave her. She was so stubborn, and would not go down, not even with the initial sedative. She did let me hold her head and I rubbed her neck under her mane the way she liked, and tugged her tiny, little furry ears.

They twitched a little, not like a reaction to anything except maybe she heard the nickering of another herd, another time...another place.

In juxtaposition to that moment, her grandson Pyro reached through the stall barrier and bit me on the rear while I was helping her down into the soft pile of shavings for the last time.

I think she had something to do with THAT, too. Tears and laughter.

She taught me much and I'll always be grateful for her presence, the little "free" mare that was dying when she got here, but took 13 years to show us all how to live!

gma95.jpg

December of 1995, just after she arrived here, and after a bath. She would have been 19 years old. We were told she was 16.

gpncher5-03.jpg

Right after I joined LB, and with her brand new (and only for us) daughter, Cherry Bomb, in May of 1997. Gramma was 21, here, though we were under the impression that she was only 17 via the people we got her from.

gramncherfeb06.jpg

Here she was shadowing her daughter, waiting for Kyan to be born in February of 2006...she was never more than a dozen feet behind her girl when she was near foaling.

grammamousescake.jpg

Having some of her grandson Mouse's "cake" (grated carrots and applesauce w/molasses n a little psyllium to hold it all together)

grammap31a.jpg

Thirty one years old.

gmajammies.jpg

Tucked into her stall in her jammies.

kyancgramma.jpg

Hopefully this was as wonderful (the reunion) as I thought it would be for her...and him...

gmabsit.jpg

Always babysitting, she was never far from the babies until they got so big she had to hide from the colts for a few hours' respite.

gmabdaynap.jpg

Even on her birthday, she didn't take a day off!

One more:

3gen1.jpg

Her very first grandchild born here, the only filly she got, and this is how she kept "her" babies: sandwiched between herself and her daughter, and she worked very hard to keep it that way. Happy grandma!

Sorry so many pictures...it's been a great thing to know and care for her. A privilege to be her final home before she moved on to better things, beyond the reach of neglect, cruelty and ineptitude. I hope she forgives me for that last.

Liz

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Liz,

I'm so sorry to hear of Gramma Pony's passing.
default_sad.png
I'm glad she had rich, full life. You can feel really good about that part.

What a wonderful horse to have known and thanks for sharing her with us.
default_smile.png

Glad you have lots of photos from happier times and also that you get to see parts of her in her daughter and grandkids.
default_laugh.png

Liz, your eulogies always make me cry. I wish you didn't keep having to write them!
default_no.gif
That was an amazing tribute to an amazing mare and I actually burst into tears upon seeing that photo of G.P. and Kyan.

default_bye-sad.gif
Bye bye, grand old mare.
default_bye-sad.gif

Leia

P.S.- Why doesn't Pyro's behavior surprise me?

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry for your loss, she was a sweety and I always loved seeing pictures of her.

Thanks for the pictures, Liz. They made me smile through the sadness.

I am so sorry Liz. What a beautiful horse, who had a lot of love to give.

I'm so sorry to read this. I have a Grandma in my herd too who is over 30 years old and I dread the day when her time comes. She is the neatest mare I've ever had the pleasure of owning. She sure found her forever home when she came to me. Her son is my Senior herd sire and I have a granddaughter in my herd. Her name is Snowflake and she is a pleasure to have.

Joyce

Little Folks Farm

Her life is a testimony to you, she will live forever in her children, and as you so rightly knew, it was time.

This we can do for our loved ones, it is both our right and our burden, the price we pay.

Her life is a testimony to you, she will live forever in her children, and as you so rightly knew, it was time.This we can do for our loved ones, it is both our right and our burden, the price we pay.
It can't be said better than that.

Hugs to you Liz.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back